PDA

View Full Version : Caught driving uninsured

craig green
21-12-05, 11:23 AM
Back in September (15th) I got stopped in my old GTE for being un-insured. My fault I know. I had just lost my job beleive it or not on the same day that my insurance premium had expired. Anyhow got pulled on way to a job interview & got a producer.
I was told at the time I produced the rest of my documents that I would receive a court summons.
How long can I expect to wait? Its doing my head in now. I dont know the legal system or how it works. Its been well over 3 months & Ive heard nothing.

Kinky Monza
21-12-05, 11:25 AM
Back in September (15th) I got stopped in my old GTE for being un-insured. My fault I know. I had just lost my job beleive it or not on the same day that my insurance premium had expired. Anyhow got pulled on way to a job interview & got a producer.
I was told at the time I produced the rest of my documents that I would receive a court summons.
How long can I expect to wait? Its doing my head in now. I dont know the legal system or how it works. Its been well over 3 months & Ive heard nothing.

they legally have 26 weeks from the date you got stopped
i know from experiance

Jack
21-12-05, 11:36 AM
Court summons can take ages to come through - my sister got nabbed back in May I think it was and has only recently got the summons and eventual points on her license. 5 points and it only added ?15 to my premium (her being 2nd driver) :lol:

dunova
21-12-05, 11:56 AM
You share your car with your sister!!! :lol:

BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Will
21-12-05, 12:06 PM
yes 6 months to get your court date so keep waiting and be lucky u dont have the 6 points and the fine............ YET

loggyboy
21-12-05, 12:39 PM
when did u reinsure the car?

craig green
21-12-05, 12:49 PM
Damn!!

Think I might move house & change my name......anyone do counterfeit drivers licenses??

lozzy
21-12-05, 01:27 PM
thats not going to help your situation ! is it

Ste L
21-12-05, 04:20 PM
you broke the law, now you gotta deal with the consquenses....

no getting out of it, it was your own falt etc etc etc

hope ya learned something from it

Jack
21-12-05, 04:48 PM

When did I ever say she drives it? ?200 less to put her name on a bit of paper is a bargain to me :lol:

novalovingned
21-12-05, 04:49 PM
u fought the law and the law won
(famous phrase from true crime)! thats unlucky That the day it ran out u got stopped. i think its just a nova thing
as soon as cops pull in behind u and ur driving a nova
U WILL GET STOPPED fact. Good luck with it anyway.

novalovingned

Matt2107
21-12-05, 05:06 PM
i think its just a nova thing
as soon as cops pull in behind u and ur driving a nova
U WILL GET STOPPED fact. novalovingned

Funny that aint it. Since my SR died a death I've been driving a fezzer.
Havn't been pulled once. Although I've seen lawn mowers that drive faster, plus my hair's receeding so I probably get mistaken for a coffin dodger.

dunova
21-12-05, 05:32 PM

When did I ever say she drives it? ?200 less to put her name on a bit of paper is a bargain to me :lol:
Can i put her name on my policy? I'll need a picture of her (preferably scantly clad), phone number, address etc though :wink: :lol:

Ben
21-12-05, 05:56 PM
Convienent all happened the same day.

leemh1234
21-12-05, 08:27 PM
o well u shouldnt have driven if u had no insurance.

Will
21-12-05, 08:53 PM
Convienent all happened the same day.

agreeed

on a side note, had your insurance not "automatically" renewed you thus covering you?

they often send out a renewal quote with new certificate which you have to post back should you not want to renew.

some insurers issue a renewnal with a 7-14 day temp cover note incase your on holiday.

food for thought

krobinson
21-12-05, 09:13 PM
Since FSA regulation kicked in earlier this year, insurance companies havent been allowed to do this. There are no more day's of grace regarding insurance.

Sorry mate, heard all the excuses under the sun really with people calling into work. And your's must be the most common.

Women with drink driving convictions always blame a fall out with the husbans, and just went on a little drive after some wine to clear there head lol

Keith

Ste_Nova
21-12-05, 09:13 PM
just make up older peeps and put them in your insurance to make it cheaper

ANDYRACER
21-12-05, 10:25 PM
I beleive from wat i read on mig that he didnt get pulled over on the day his cover expired, was a few weeks later. Plus it wasnt in a nova, was in his astra gte.

srs1
22-12-05, 12:52 AM
sorry to say this, but TUFF SHIT ON YOU!

you say it was for an interview, maybe you needed some bread too.

i am sure there is public transport out there or a lift off a mate.

its people like yourself that may have an accident that put my insurance up.

hope you get a nice fine and learn your lesson.

before you say something. i got done for speeding and got a fine. so i know the leson to be learnt. clean as a whistle now and can afford a xe'd nova.

novalovingned
22-12-05, 01:01 AM
very good point now i know y my insurance for a 1.2 3rd party only
is ?1222.66 :(

burgo
22-12-05, 03:20 AM
i got pulled in july i think and got 3 points and ?60 fine but not sent me licence off or paid fine and heard nothing yet :?

plus if they ever do chase it up im gonna fight it anyway after watching a program about nick freeman

Will
22-12-05, 09:38 AM
Since FSA regulation kicked in earlier this year, insurance companies havent been allowed to do this. There are no more day's of grace regarding insurance.

Sorry mate, heard all the excuses under the sun really with people calling into work. And your's must be the most common.

Women with drink driving convictions always blame a fall out with the husbans, and just went on a little drive after some wine to clear there head lol

Keith

FSA regulations?

what do you do for a living keith?

Ian
22-12-05, 11:20 AM
What do you do for a living Will?

He was stopped a month after he didnt bother to renew his insurance, it didnt just ran out, he basically thought it was fine to drive uninsured.hope you get a nice fine and expensive insurance in the future.

Tazzy
22-12-05, 11:28 AM
ive been stopped by the plod so many time in my nova and given producers, and they said the same "a routine stop", so why was it always me?

since ive been driving my corsa, i havnt been stopped once, i drove past a police station one in the corsa at about 45mph as a police car was driving out the car park, he didnt even bother to stop me, yet if i did that in the nova, you could predict id get a producer!

the only thing they got me on was the fact that i had blue side lights, i just ssid i bought them and didnt know they were illegal, lol, got away with it as well!

Will
22-12-05, 11:28 AM
What do you do for a living Will?

He was stopped a month after he didnt bother to renew his insurance, it didnt just ran out, he basically thought it was fine to drive uninsured.hope you get a nice fine and expensive insurance in the future.

I work in IT ian, supporting and training users in in house applications for a construction company..... lol

i thought he said he was stopped the day after it ran out not a month.

either way its wrong and u can have your arse handed to you in court

orange_andy
22-12-05, 11:30 AM
well thats rubbish about the FSA because i work as an insurance claims advisor, FSA (financial services authority) just make sure ANYTHING to do with insurance runs legal and legit,

they wouldnt stop anything to do with auto renew, where i work you get insurance and it AUTOMATICALLY RENEWS and if u decide you wernt happy with that then TOUGH SHIT, because you didnt read the small print and terms and conditions, you can cancel it, as you only have to have it for min of 12months, but while it renewed thats your own problem,

so as for driving same day it ran out, id say thats either a lie or ur insurance company is a bit crap, or (good) by not running for longer when you dont want it to!

Tazzy
22-12-05, 12:19 PM
i was with liverpool victoria, and they automatically renew the policy, but i had to phone them up and tell them i was changing becuase i didnt want to stay with them, had to tell them who i was going to as well!

Ste L
22-12-05, 01:04 PM
since ive been driving my corsa, i havnt been stopped once, i drove past a police station one in the corsa at about 45mph as a police car was driving out the car park, he didnt even bother to stop me, yet if i did that in the nova, you could predict id get a producer!

i've not been pull or given a producer in about 6/7/ months...

went thought a period where i got one a week for about 2 month, but before that i didn't get stopped often

strange that

Ste L
22-12-05, 01:05 PM
i was with liverpool victoria, and they automatically renew the policy, but i had to phone them up and tell them i was changing becuase i didnt want to stay with them, had to tell them who i was going to as well!

why did you have to tell them who you are going with, its none of thier business really :lol:

Jack
22-12-05, 02:45 PM
i got pulled in july i think and got 3 points and ?60 fine but not sent me licence off or paid fine and heard nothing yet :?

plus if they ever do chase it up im gonna fight it anyway after watching a program about nick freeman
Hmm, if they pull you over and give you a ticket you've got something like 28 days to go to a police station and surrender your license, else the fine increases afaik

What was the program about nick freeman?

sickrabbit
22-12-05, 03:48 PM
I cant get over why on earth anyones got the cheek to post such a blatant disregarde for the law . Are we to respect such things ? Or was it to amuse? Insurance is there for a reason. If someone wiped your motor out , in their fault , then didnt provide you with any financial response you,d be aghast. In fact if a thread was posted by an individual , who sadly is in this position , I think it more than correct for peoples positive messages of support and disbelief.

As for openly admitting to have sped past the cop shop , and question why you were not chastised and arrested for such disregarde due to the fact you were driving a corsa , and not a nova seems to me sheer ignorance.

There has been of late many a thread on this site , concerning the horrid stigma that has attached the nova . I suppose you cant really wonder at it . Certain behaviour can only enforce this .

You flout the law - you pay the price.

orange_andy
22-12-05, 04:07 PM
if you flew passed a copper doing 45, in a 30 zone, i would count ur self STUPID AND LUCKY, doesnt matter what car your in they WILL pull you for illegal offences, i aint been pulled in my nova yet had it 3 months, just sometimes they will pull you like they pull any modified car, (for been a little ***)

i wouldnt dream of drivn with no insurance, or illegal engine transplant, worse comes to worse YOU manage to be in an accident and someone dies YOU WILL be in some serious serious problems not just maybe jail but the fact of ?10.000's of ? ? ? of comp and fees to pay as you got no insurance to pay it for you, crazy people just crazy

burgo
23-12-05, 03:18 AM

Hmm, if they pull you over and give you a ticket you've got something like 28 days to go to a police station and surrender your license, else the fine increases afaik

What was the program about nick freeman?
on about a week ago at about 4 in the morning basically the reason that i gave the old bill for me speeding (which was i felt in a thretening position, or basically didnt know who it was sat up me arse so put me foot down and they still sat there so went abit quicker) is perfectly legal lol. beckham got away with speeding cos pap were chasing him apparently

Stuart
23-12-05, 08:58 AM
or he wrote them a big cheque/let them have a go on his slut wife

Snowface
23-12-05, 10:16 AM
or he wrote them a big cheque/let them have a go on his slut wife
LOL

nova---chris
23-12-05, 10:19 AM
'BAD BOY BAD BOY LA LA LA LA

Jack
23-12-05, 11:03 AM
if you flew passed a copper doing 45, in a 30 zone, i would count ur self STUPID AND LUCKY, doesnt matter what car your in they WILL pull you for illegal offences
40 in a 30 with a police car behind me and no they didn't :lol:

Funnily enough that wasn't in the novar :wink:

...and before you reply with OMG YOU IZ AN EVIL SPEEDER I wasn't aware of the speed limit - it wasn't a residental area and there were no signs/lamposts :wink:

As for openly admitting to have sped past the cop shop , and question why you were not chastised and arrested for such disregarde due to the fact you were driving a corsa , and not a nova seems to me sheer ignorance.
LMFAO that reminds me of a couple years back, Bath police station having cannabis growing in the little plot of plants out front :lol:

Kinky Monza
23-12-05, 11:22 AM
before any one has a pop at me for no insurance, i had just bought my nova,from derby, and was on my way home in it,i'd not had a car for a few months so until i got another car i wasn't paying for insurance
but IMO i thinks its a typical stereo type thingy when cops see a nova,the cars have such a bad reputation round here,mainly from "boy racers" and twockers who don't give a shit about who's life they ruin when they knock an old fella over and leave him for dead,either that or they go down a side strret and hit a child,saw it happen on my street,but they weren't insured and just end up doing 5 years inside for reckless driving !!!!
what happens if you have a crash and write off another car and cause them injury ???? you're fucked very badly
if you wanna drive a car be it a nova or a skoda GET IT INSURED AND DON'T DRIVE IT TIL IT IS !!!!!!!!!
rant over