PDA

View Full Version : Induction Kit

Tazzy
21-12-05, 01:40 AM
if i buy an inductio nkit for my 1.4 8v mpi engine, could i use it on a 1.6 8v mpi engine once ive done a conversion?

cheerz!

dunova
21-12-05, 08:22 AM
What 1.6 8v mpi is it? E16se? C16se? If it's the earlier E16se with AFM then you'll need an adaptor plate because the afm has a square inlet on it. If you'll be fitting it on the C16se then it should be fine because you'll just be fitting it on the end of the throttle body (or air inlet pipe, whichever you choose).

Tazzy
21-12-05, 07:07 PM
im not sure which block is in my corsa, ive phoned my insurance company and they said i can do a 1.6 16v and it wont cost me any more, sound!

so as the 1.4 8v has done almost 100k miles, im not going to do anything to it, but next yr, just do a conversion, is there much more work with a 16v conversion?

or should i just stick with a 1.6 8v conversion?

cheerz!

Gunzi
22-12-05, 09:29 AM
The 16v block has more power as standard 105bhp or 109bhp IIRC, and is very tuneable, someone on here is running circa 170bhp from one with no turbo, but at a cost of ????.

The 8v block has lots of torque, again I think someone on here is running a turbo 8v block (may have been broken now) with circa 170bhp.

I think I'm right in saying that as you have the 1.4 mpi engine you won't need to channge the fuel tank or fuel lines.

Its up to you, although in terms of tuning, personally I think the 16v is the better choice.

Both engines will slot into your engine bay and when you do the conversion, put your engine up for sale on here, someone will want it, if not just for the head!

Gunzi

Tazzy
22-12-05, 11:00 AM
the 1.4 is in ok condition i think, but if my insurance company are saying i can have somehting bigger, why not!

i understand the 8v being almost a straight swap, with i think the same fual pump/tank/lines, wiring loom etc, although, if i go for this option, i was thinking of tuing it with a 2.0 litre throttle body, injectors and fuel pump?

with a 16v jobbie, would i need to change the wiring loom and anything else?

cheerz!

Gunzi
22-12-05, 12:17 PM
Best bet is to replace the inlet manifold as the std item has a lot of unecessary pipework in it, that releases the ponies to about 120bhp IIRC.

Check other peoples baby valvers to see common mods.

Tazzy
23-12-05, 03:30 PM
thinking about this, i might as well just stick with a straight 1.6 8v mpi lump, that way, the only thing i need to change is the fuel pump, would i need to change the ecu or any wiring loom?

i plan to tune it anyway, so what bits would i need, i think a 16v conversion would be too tricky!

cheerz!