PDA

View Full Version : nova gsi parts - SR, will it fit

orange_andy
20-12-05, 06:43 PM
alrite lads, iv had someone whos wrote there car off so selling bits of there GSI, they got there leather interior all the seats and pannels standard gsi leather not cav, would it fit straaght into my SR 1.4 1991, and he got the digi dash is it easy to fit that to a SR or would i need a garage to do it, more hassle than its worth ???

what do you reckon, any advice cheers,

slammed saloon
20-12-05, 07:38 PM
seats door cards etc will be straight swap and the digi dash aint to hard to fit aslong as you get the transducer and all parts etc just repuires some wiring, simple though

orange_andy
20-12-05, 07:41 PM
what about the seats /

Philsutton
20-12-05, 07:42 PM
if its a nova they came out of then they will go back in again

orange_andy
20-12-05, 07:43 PM
kool how much. would you pay or expect normally to pay, for full leather seats n cards no rip just usual wear

leemh1234
20-12-05, 09:06 PM
i paid 150 for my cream leather with no door panels so 200-300 perhaps?

if the digi dash is in the nova just cut the plugs of the nova if its scrap far back towards the bulk head then its just colour for colour apart from the ecu wire i think if u have a sr and not sri

hope that helps

orange_andy
20-12-05, 09:27 PM
ill av a look tomoro im only wanting to pay about 40? for the leather if i can get away with that,

Paul
20-12-05, 11:25 PM
leather never came standard in a nova by the way

dunova
21-12-05, 08:43 AM
If you get a full leather interior for your nova (as burgo said-it's been converted from a cav, cali or re-trimmed) for ?40 then you're a lucky lucky man lol, especially if it is standard gsi seats re-trimmed in leather (it costs 000's to re-trim in leather btw).

orange_andy
21-12-05, 09:12 AM
he said sumit about it been standard, in his gsi, said its the gsi bucket seats not just the cav seats put in, so maybe he bought the car with the gsi seats re trimmed,

as for the dash what shold i be looking for, just all the wires still hangin out of the dash then mess about to get that into my SR?

leemh1234
21-12-05, 08:33 PM
if the digi dash was in the nova then cut the plugs off far towards the bulk head and colour for colour in your nova i think u'll be left with the ecu wire on the plug dont matter though.just soilder the wires together and a bit off black tape round the joints.sorted..

ps:dont use block connecters there to big and clumsy.