PDA

View Full Version : cant smell it , cant see it ...

sickrabbit
20-12-05, 05:24 PM
I aint no sparky , and out of respect of all forms of electric ( cant smell nor see it coming - but can certainly feel it) please advise on this one - is it safe to earth several items from one earth cable..? :oops: ie interior neons ect?? :oops:

Jon_nova1
20-12-05, 05:30 PM
depends, if they're just a couple of neons they'll be ok, if its lots of things you might want to make a seperate earth for them all of them to go on, i've wired quite abit on my car and it all runs fine, nothing beats scotch locks ;)

Adam
20-12-05, 08:20 PM
You can bolt a few earth wires to the same hole.
Not sure about running a few things off one cable tho.

Jack
20-12-05, 09:03 PM
If in doubt use a decent sized cable and make sure its got a good contact at the end. I ran loads of neons off one earth and it was fine.

bump
20-12-05, 09:12 PM
you can use the same cable to earth to provided it has a sufficent cross sectional area to cope with the current flow required. if you look at an amp wiring kit that will give you an approximate idea. otherwise just run several cables. it really depends on how much you want to do.

for the van's we run different earths for the different systems just to make upgrades and changes easier. i don't bother with fancy electricals on the nova.

cheers

bump