PDA

View Full Version : Digi Dash

novabri
20-12-05, 04:44 PM
Ive been offerd a GTE astra dash for ?30 and i really want one its just im unsre on how hard they are to wire in ive had a few people say there easy and others are like dont go there. The clocks have already been in a nova so are coming straight out of one and ive been told that all the wires need sorting on the plug on the back of the clocks so they should already be done shouldnt they? If anyone has done this or got any help for me that would be great thanks.

joff-turbo-nova
20-12-05, 04:57 PM
The installation into a nova can be easy or difficult depending on which dash you have.

Installation into the mk2 dash is a doddle , the mk1 is a real pain.

Make sure you get both wiring plugs (white and black) and also the speed sender for the gearbox.

On the wiring side , get a good "how to" off the net, do a search under google and solder all the connections and use heat shrink tubing to make the joints safe and strong. Take you time, don;t rush or bodge the job and its just a case of following the instructions.

Cheers

Joff

novabri
20-12-05, 05:01 PM
cheers he did say he a speed sender on the gearbox thts still got to come off so i need white and black plugs then ok. its a mk 2 dash i got ill have a look for a diagram on inter
net cheers.

joff-turbo-nova
20-12-05, 09:13 PM
Try this :-

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=digi+dash+instructions+nova&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

Joff

lee 16v
20-12-05, 09:16 PM
http://forums.roybacer.net/index.php?showtopic=714
try this iv got a digi dash ?20

novalovingned
21-12-05, 01:49 AM
joff-turbo-nova

how come its a pain to wire them up to a mk1 there is a link to a useful diagram up from this post.just wonderingif it would be any easyer to fit to mk 1 wit a gte dash in it,
1 more thing do u know where i can get a diagram to help me wire 1 up to a mk1
cheers :)

Chris
21-12-05, 09:54 AM
no it isnt hard to wire up in the mk1, it is hard to get it to fit into the dash board, most people if they have a mk1 fit a mk2 dashboard the same time as fitting the digi clocks

Chris

orange_andy
21-12-05, 11:05 AM
i got a 1991 sr, i take it this is a mark 2 ?? im gonna try get a digi dash straight out of a nova, so will it be easy to fit, as if its been in the gsi surely itl b just as easy to fit into an sr.