PDA

View Full Version : rear sr spoiler..

1.3sr_kane
19-12-05, 08:21 PM
do i have to remove the rear sr spoiler from my mk1 to fit in new tinted window??? if so how is it held in place??

cheers..

Timmy
19-12-05, 09:10 PM
dunno about fitting new tintted window, but is held by on by four bolt on inside of boot and doundle sided stickly tape < very messy to remove

Jack
19-12-05, 09:26 PM
Its possible to tint the window without removing it... but a pain in the rint lol

1.3sr_kane
19-12-05, 09:32 PM
erm in my post i did say i have a NEW tinted window... as i got the whole set for a very good price thought it would be easier to swap the windows!!

:D

cheers ...

orange_andy
20-12-05, 12:47 PM
its sposed to be a right TART to fit new back windows, and you dont wanna go to a company i rang 5 about it ranges anywhere from 25per window, RIP OFF, ! ! 1 guy told me he could remove and put all new windows in my car in 1hour, how much would he charge for that 1hours work.
about 150? pathetic ! !

Ste L
20-12-05, 01:22 PM
takes 10 mins max to fit a nova back window

yea, the the spoiler will need to be removed aswell

Paul
20-12-05, 01:25 PM
absoloute peice of piss.

Screwdriver under seal from inside, lift seal up push the window, do this all the way round, same as rear sides.

Then simply get a peice of strong string, fishing line or similar is good. wrap this around the seal of your new window, make sure they overlap each other, and that the pieces you have visible (where they overlap) are long enough to get a good grip on.

The string should be where the metal should go, inside the seal.

You get inside the car, getr a couple of mates outisde, and get them to line the window up with where it shoud go from outside the car. Then get your mates to push on the window, while you pull one end of the string, it will just pop back in.

Job Done.

Same fro sides.

Front, well take t he doorcards off, and you will see that the windows are on runners, you have to just fiddle about slightly but drop the window right to the bottom using the winders/switches, then just tilt it back and pull it tothe side, will easily pop out, got to come out through the window hole though, then reffiting is a reverse of removal.

Will take an hour maximum more tnhan likely half hour to 3/4's.

PS if you are having trouble with rear windows, then just give them a lsight tap with a rubber hammer. NB, this should only be done right on the corner, or one bit not the whole window, if you need to do it to the whole window, you are not pulling the string and pushing the window hard enough.

Hope this helps

Paul