PDA

View Full Version : help... what to do???? what to do????

1.3sr_kane
19-12-05, 08:11 PM
i have a 1.3sr with a worn out cam and a twin choke pierburg thats clogged up... was just wondering shall i clean the carb up and get a standard cam....
or shall i go all out and get a rally cam and get the missus old man to play with the carb???

i would like as much power as i can get but without spending heaps of cash....

any help would be appreciated...

cheers.

slammed saloon
19-12-05, 08:26 PM
get a piper 285 cam and get the carb done mate shud get more power then wen got more money got some 40's on there :D

1.3sr_kane
19-12-05, 08:31 PM
how much would that cam set me back??

he has bout 3 sets of twin fortys and the sport air boxes....
was thinking bout a set but he reckons wont be much good round town... and i work in a big town so needs to be good at town driving...

1.3sr_kane
19-12-05, 08:31 PM
how much would that cam set me back??

he has bout 3 sets of twin fortys and the sport air boxes....
was thinking bout a set but he reckons wont be much good round town... and i work in a big town so needs to be good at town driving...

slammed saloon
19-12-05, 08:34 PM
umm bout 60-100 quid for second hand. if set up properly will be fine round town. does he wanna sell a set of them carbs cheap :lol:

1.3sr_kane
19-12-05, 08:47 PM
ouch... think ill call in some favours or create them up lol to get one of them :P

no chance of them getting sold.... never ever...
lol
they know what they are worth and may need them one day thats there way...

slammed saloon
19-12-05, 08:48 PM
ok mate if your gona go all out in the future get a kent ast2 cam kit for use with 40's bt they cost bout 300 quid a set

Nick
20-12-05, 12:54 AM
look at an NVO kit

much milder than the AST2 - mine is very driveable around town and the power kicks in from 2-6k, nice gradual power band.

with the AST2 it'l be lumpier on tick-over and it'l be less happy in lower revs

Also im told side draughts tend to work well with a mild profile cam, as they are less "cammy" themselves, compared to down draughts