PDA

View Full Version : Bypass Hazard Warning switch??

jock23
19-12-05, 09:17 AM
Please help me!!

Car was broken into again at weekend, but the bastard stole my (already broken) hazard warning switch. Had to drive from London to Liverpool with no indicators!!

is there any way of bypassing the switch until after I get one delivered????

ta

Jim
19-12-05, 12:25 PM
Whatever the way, it's probably best not to say on a public forum. Your best bet is to get a decent immobiliser fitted. Whilst it's at the alarm place, get them to sort out the hazard switch.

Jim

luke1.4sr
19-12-05, 04:23 PM
if you get a bit of wire put a spade connector on each end the same size as the hazard switch,in the hazard switch slot plug a connector into the top left slot and the top right,i found this out wen mine fucked, but if you want i can sell you one ,make a offer if you want one.

cheers

luke

jock23
21-12-05, 03:09 PM
cheers for that mate, was just about to try your theory when my replacement came in the post so thank god for that!!!!

loggyboy
21-12-05, 03:13 PM
Buy an unbreakable one from me ;)

Il have another one on early in the new year.
unless u wanna buy it now ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4591969618

Jack
21-12-05, 07:11 PM
if you get a bit of wire put a spade connector on each end the same size as the hazard switch,in the hazard switch slot plug a connector into the top left slot and the top right,i found this out wen mine f**k, but if you want i can sell you one ,make a offer if you want one.
Judging by the post jim made 4 hours earlier, don't you think a PM would have been more appropriate?

NickWalliams
22-12-05, 10:44 AM
One word

DIODE

Mark Beeson
22-12-05, 04:48 PM
Any tips on how to fit the diode? I know the priciples behind it.

Stuart
22-12-05, 05:07 PM
isnt the "unbreakableness" simply removing a spring or something similar....

NickWalliams
22-12-05, 05:14 PM
http://www.nova-land.com/

how to guides then interior

loggyboy
22-12-05, 05:52 PM
isnt the "unbreakableness" simply removing a spring or something similar....

Thats the principal yes. there is more to it to make them even less likely to fail.
Plus getting them apart in one piece is the real trick :lol: