PDA

View Full Version : problem with wide arch kit!!!!!!!!

novalovingned
19-12-05, 12:57 AM
hi just a few questions,hi i was wantin to build my own round wide arched kit for my 3 door nove but the thing that is bothering me is how do i get the wheels widend out to the width of the arches

im going really wide( about 1and a bit ft on each arch) sooooo how do i extend the wheels out that much.I know u can get spacers but didint think that would work
has any 1 got any ideas bout this as im really stuck
cheers

novalovingned

Jim
19-12-05, 10:30 AM
Styling forum is there for a reason.

Jim

Stuart
19-12-05, 10:54 AM
its technically a technical question as he needs to space out the rear stub axles and then get a widened track fit for the front...(?300ish jsut for that bit)

Jim
19-12-05, 12:21 PM
Meh, whatever, it's still in the wrong forum :P

Jim

Ste L
19-12-05, 12:25 PM
its styling and technical... so that make it a general question :P :lol: :twisted:

novalovingned
19-12-05, 02:30 PM
sooooo it will be alot of hassle then i might not do it is there any othe easy way(maybe big wheel spacers and extra long wheel nuts)lol

novalovingned

Ste L
19-12-05, 02:34 PM
just get some wide wheels with a diff ofset, so they push the wheels towards the arches

novalovingned
19-12-05, 02:41 PM
im not a mechaniceeeeeeee kinda guy would u be able to explaine this and how to do it
it would be very helpful

novalovingned

Ste L
19-12-05, 02:42 PM
you know like a nova is a et49 offset, well the lower that number, the further towards the arch it puts the wheel

Stuart
19-12-05, 02:45 PM
erm jsut re read that you want an extra 18 inches each side.....?!?!?!??!?!!? thats a whole lot of mechnical work you need to do. so if your no good at it you had better learn, or get shafted for labour lol

Ste L
19-12-05, 03:23 PM
18" :o

didn't realise it was that much...

wide track kit defo needed

Stuart
19-12-05, 04:38 PM
id go with a new chassis needed lol.

maybe erm space frame it all out and stretch a nova shell over it etc.

clowo16v
19-12-05, 04:48 PM
Won't 18" each side mean the car is illegal for the road its gonna be nearly 8ft wide lol.

Also round arches on a boxy nova, its gonna look shit mate.

See ya

Matt

novalovingned
19-12-05, 04:49 PM
so uz r sayin that it will cost bout 300 to get the wheels a further 18inches wider (roughly)

novalovingned

Rexy
19-12-05, 05:39 PM
I know you want to be "max power quote - DIFFERENT" but for this case fella, stick to the wide arches that have already been produced for the nova. I can guarentee unless your shit hot with filler they will be like a ferry journey.

Then you have the technical side of things, then prices of wide ass tyres, prices of wide ass wheels which will suit the car... " did you really think this threw" ???

I'd scrap the idea, flair the arches Euro style and get a set of 13's or 14's which are about 7.5 / 8" wide.

go to google and search Corsa A or euro nova or some shit...

novalovingned
19-12-05, 06:52 PM
thats the thing i dont want wide ass wheels im wantin them bout 18 inches away from where they are now!
the filler is not a problem
i have thought it through ive even drawen pics o it to c if it looks rite and it looks amazin will post them soon to show what i mean

novalovingned

Jack
19-12-05, 07:45 PM
Just get two novas and bolt them together side by side.

Seriously. 18" or so added to each side will need a major structural rethink of the entire chassis, you'd probably end up with a Q plate lol. Rear wheels fair enough, shouldn't be too hard to shift them out, but the front end could be a nightmare with all the steering gear.

Phil GTE
19-12-05, 08:35 PM
its technically a technical question as he needs to space out the rear stub axles and then get a widened track fit for the front...(?300ish jsut for that bit)

Where can I get the front end of a wide track kit for ?300?

Nick
20-12-05, 12:52 AM
18" is alot

and will look absolutly stupid.

just don't do it

novalovingned
20-12-05, 01:00 AM
its out of the norm and i like that!

Stuart
20-12-05, 08:01 AM
its ?300 per side iirc... from protec/tas (bust) and used rally parts etc.

to widen the shell/structure for 18" is gonna cost atleast ?2K to get everything nearly right and that a minimum cost idea...

btw novas are old etc and probably wont get a mag feature bar TV which dosent need some stupid mofo car to get into that... even with some gay looking widness setup.

if you want to be different its probably easier to make it a 3 wheeler.

novalovingned
20-12-05, 01:25 PM
lol at three wheeler
mite just scrap that idea then to much hassle but it looks like i under estamated the work involved
cheers for all the info any ways

novalovingned

wisewood
20-12-05, 01:32 PM
Styling forum is there for a reason.

Jim

as if by magic...

MOVE:FORUM=Styling

Jack
20-12-05, 07:49 PM
its out of the norm
There's a reason for that :lol:

IMO you'd be betteer off spending the money on something like phil's old plans for a V8 rwd... thats different enough to get noticed and people to give "respect" rather than different so people point and laugh lol

novalovingned
20-12-05, 10:44 PM
i dont think people would laugh at hard work and tryin sommit different!!!!!!!

Spud
20-12-05, 10:55 PM
people would'nt laugh at something different, if its properly done and thought out, but widening your car by 3 feet...?