PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is coming an the nova breaks down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sherwood
17-12-05, 11:05 AM
To start with she cut out completly last night at the local garage, i bumped her and she started for bout 2 mins then died again. then she wouldnt bump again so my mate put the leads on and she fired up i got her almost home and she cut out again an wouldnt bump even when i was doing 20mph..... so need new battery or alternator...

also when she gets up to bout 3500rpm she starts pulling back an shooting flames ( miss firing)

could this simply just be that my timing is out or something else??????
any feedback would be much appreciated.

sherwood

DIY*VALVER84
17-12-05, 12:08 PM
first things first,what engine is it? the only reason your battery should die completely like that is your alternator or has your fan belt gone missing? try sticking the battery you have on charge when its full stick in car and go for a drive if it happens again then you know that the alternators not delivering the charge back to the battery. as for the misfiring have you checked all your ignition system i.e plugs leads dizzy rotorarm/points these are normally common misfiring problems.

womble sri
17-12-05, 04:58 PM
i had similar prob on sr with twin 40s it was flaming and miss firing bad. took it to the mechanics and he said it was the carbs but got a new dizzy plugs and leads and it ran sweet. probably the time of year check all your plugs are firing and make sure it dosent arc from the leads and shock you.