PDA

View Full Version : SRI and MOT?

NOVA_JONO
16-12-05, 11:08 PM
I have an engine from a K reg SRI with the ecu and wiring loom from a J reg SRI to go into my K reg 1.2i Nova, lol, question is if i get a 4 branch manifold with a straight through exhaust system will my car still pass the MOT with no cat or lambda sensor?

Cheers Jono.

DIY*VALVER84
16-12-05, 11:25 PM
bit awkward to answer this one mate.being as its a 'k' reg engine going into a 'k' reg nova you still have to abide by the euro emissions regs which were introduced in august 1992 i think? but anywayz what alot of ppl dnt know is that by law you dont actually need a cat as long as your car passes either the euro2 or euro4 emissions test but be warned the fuzz are a bit partiall to novas with oober loud zorst's!
just go 4 the transplant and worry bout them things after.
scott. p.s help needed with me xe novavan!

NOVA_JONO
16-12-05, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, but will i need to drill a hole and fit the lambda sensor in my 4 branch manifold?, or can i do without it?, and sorry i can't help you with the XE van, but good luck!

Cheers Jono.

DIY*VALVER84
16-12-05, 11:48 PM
a mate of mine tried to run a c16 before with no lambda sensor and it ran like monkey dribble,it was summat to do with matching the air mass to that of the air mass sensor on the inlet or some such thing anyway he drilled into the manifold and installed the lambda and it solved most his problems(he also had to clean the icv) on the short... if it was me then yes i would have the lambda to save future problems mate.
MERRY XMAS

Jack
17-12-05, 11:32 AM
Its not a requirement to have a cat fitted, but it is a requirement to pass the emissions test - considering both your car and engine are K reg, you'll have to pass the tests that are designed for cars equipped with catalytic converters. Which you'll probably fail.

Ste_Nova
17-12-05, 02:00 PM
my lamba was snapped for weeks on my c16se... it just used more fuel

LUV2XLR8
17-12-05, 03:49 PM
apparently to help a car get through an emision test you can buy an ecotec valve for about ?50
ive heard from some people that even though they had a decat exsorst system the ecote valve got the car through it, have a look at thier site, see if its any use to anyone! :?:

http://www.ecotekplc.com/

Adam
17-12-05, 06:15 PM
Has anyones car passed a CAT rules emissions test when they didn't have a CAT fitted?
Or isn't it possible?

Jack
18-12-05, 09:27 PM
Didn't the ecotek people get busted by trading standards for claiming their devices gave a range of improvements when they didn't? Hence why their site seems to be full of "our customers said..." rather that "our device can..." etc.

LUV2XLR8
19-12-05, 12:34 AM
possably dude!
i havnt bought one, im all for global warming! (coz i live in sunny wales)
il pollute all i can,
the ecotec sounds good, but its probably false, i know they still sell them in places! I nealy bought one, but then i found out that theyr just better for reducing the emmisions!
so i saved up for a fast road cam instead! :lol:

DIY*VALVER84
19-12-05, 02:00 AM
PAY ATTENTION PPL!

like i said before, yes you can pass an mot if you have no cat just as long as your car passes the euro 2/4 emissions test.

ecotek did have some kinda suit filed against em by trading standards and i dnt know if theyre any good tbh but then ive never put one on any cars ive owned so...

just get on with the de cat and worry bout the mot when it happens. if worse comes to worse just block an injector lol.joke!!! or stuff your exhaust full of febreeze...lol.

failing that just take it to a garage where u pay with bottles of whisky or a crate.