PDA

View Full Version : rear lights

cooltom31
15-12-05, 03:17 PM
ive picked up a spare set of rear lights and i want to smoke them or do something different with them, anyone have any ideas and how would i smoke them?

Lee
15-12-05, 04:22 PM
ive picked up a spare set of rear lights and i want to smoke them or do something different with them, anyone have any ideas and how would i smoke them?

You can pick up a tin of tinting spray from Halfrauds. Just makes sure you do very light coats cos its verry runny shit.

When its dry, attack it with some T cut and polish, or it will just look cack.

cooltom31
15-12-05, 08:11 PM
is there nothin else i can do apart from smoking them? someone told me they made there lights clear but i dont understand how he could of apart from buying some clear lights.

ade
15-12-05, 10:45 PM
I'm making clear lights for mine but its not that easy - you need to make a whole new light housing - then the same one in reverse!

I though I could just cut the lenses out and add clear bits - its almost impossible to remove the "glass" - its plastic welded to the housing.

If you have the patience, know how to form fibreglass, or have access to vac forming tools, then you maybe able to do something.

You also need to ensure that the lenses are E marked - I plan to make a housing, use landrover/mini reflectors and cover with formed clear polycarbonate. The lenses are emarked and the polycarbonate is clear and what they use on modern cars so its okay.

boredbloke
16-12-05, 12:14 AM
lol ade... u know u can buy clear lights right?

Jim
16-12-05, 10:42 AM
Tsk, tsk, boredbloke, you should know that Ade doesn't do things easily. I've seen some WIP of his lights and they look really good. They aren't just going to be clear lights like the after market ones that you can buy, but these are custom made jobbies with all new light housing.

Jim

Ste L
16-12-05, 09:50 PM
ade's are sorta lexus-ish aint they?

Lee
16-12-05, 10:38 PM
And you just know the poor bugger is going to have every bastard asking him to make them a set when theyre finished! :lol:

ade
17-12-05, 05:27 PM
pmsl - yes theyre lexus style

and no I aint making a set for everyone!

I "may" - if I can pull it off supply kits - I dunno though

Need to make molds anyway so i may as well look into it.

:roll:

Martin
17-12-05, 05:39 PM
put me down for a set if u do!

Lee
17-12-05, 05:45 PM
put me down for a set if u do!

PMSL. I rest my case

Martin
17-12-05, 06:07 PM
lmao i was waitin for u 2 say that :lol:

I'd wanna see a pair 1st tho 8)

novaco
17-12-05, 07:06 PM
you done anything else on the car ade mate?

never seen much progress latly!

Karl

SRlew
22-12-05, 10:59 AM
lol ade... u know u can buy clear lights right?

lol :lol:

Marc
22-12-05, 11:02 PM
or could be bold and get a set of clear and cut them in half and connect a clear set to a normal set and see how that goes wasnt there someone on here doing that a bit ago?

ade
24-12-05, 12:53 AM
nah - still gathering parts. Need access to a mig welder to sort the front out 1st. The front is the key to the whole project( fitting mk2 punto lights) - once theyre in I'll get a feel for the cars body and go for it...

need a bit of cash too...

usual really...

:roll: