PDA

View Full Version : My Nova so rusty

craig green
14-12-05, 05:00 PM
Had a laugh the other day. Me & a mate pulled it from my garage with a tow rope & the tow eye came away from the rear chassis leg & we pulled the car by the rear bumper!!

Car has no engine, lame shell. Anyone else had there car fall to bits around them?

ANDYRACER
14-12-05, 05:20 PM
Yep towed my sr up on to my drive and the toe hook came off bringing abit of the front panel with it. Later removed the front bumper and kicked the front panel which just crumbled. :o then found the arches were completley shot under the grey vynal and then removed the black rubber cover for the top of the strut in the boot to find a crack where the suspension had gone threw the boot. :o

novalovingned
14-12-05, 05:34 PM
no but there is nothing like a good task to keep ya buzy

novalovingned

nathan.
14-12-05, 06:36 PM
My novas totally falling to bits. Don't care though, just gonna patch it all up with the welder. lol

Mike.
14-12-05, 07:28 PM
rear wheel arch lip fell off my nova last night :lol: bloody good job i'm getting a rear quater fitted, the front panels on its way out aswell

Philsutton
14-12-05, 07:44 PM
pmsl yeah loads of things fel off mine, including the towing eyes

sickrabbit
14-12-05, 10:12 PM
Spoke a lad in Bedford today - got an F reg gte - rust was biting hard on it ...poor chap didnt know weather to refurb / spray or start over totally.
Took a shine to my bus , which has had its fair share of the perilous rust. He did mention of late - there does seem to be a lot of Novas driving about....and as he liked mine to bell him if its up for sale. I must have spent a fortune on rust treatment , filler and paint - so I hope he,s got deep pockets.
Stuff a pain. :evil:

anothernovagirl
14-12-05, 10:32 PM
I put my foot through the front wing before...think someone had been there before. A huge lump of filler came out...oh well, bung it back in and wait for the new wing hey!! :wink:

craig green
15-12-05, 01:14 PM
Wings & doors dosent bother me, but structural rot upsets me(LOL).

Saw a nice white facelifted shell on the back of a lorry this morning. The arches were fine which is a good sign. On my way back to work I saw it parked at the crushers place. Couldnt beleive they are gonna dispose of it!