PDA

View Full Version : cavturbo owners slagging novas, and help NEEDED!

x20xevnova
13-12-05, 05:21 PM
hi, i bought a 40,000 mile cav turbo. putting the motor in my nova. which is my first problem. what wires do i need out of the cav for the engine? and second them idiots on cavalierturbo.com where giving me loads of sh*t for owning a nova. check it out its on the forms- for sale/wanted. im c20letnova obviously lol.
cheers

Ste L
13-12-05, 05:25 PM
you drive a nova, most people will slag you off, get over it lol

as for wiring, basically the same as xe

Philsutton
13-12-05, 05:39 PM
they can slag you off all they want but you have a cav turbo which is being stripped lol, apparently there are less than 500 in the country now because everyone buys them to put the engine in a nova/corsa. We wuoldnt do this if the cav was so overweight to start with.

x20xevnova
13-12-05, 05:57 PM
so what will i need to take out?

Timmy
13-12-05, 09:01 PM
sorry i found that funny as hell nova's rule shame everyone dont understand the hole nove exsprince

burgo
14-12-05, 02:26 AM
i have to say if i got hold of a 40.000 mile cavvy turbo the last thing i would do is strip it especially not for just the engine to put in a nova. i say your a fool

Stuart
14-12-05, 08:36 AM
burgo, its simple economics...... the car is worth more in bits than it is as a whole. so break break break...

if it was worth mroe in one piece then yes hes a bellend, but its not

Will F
14-12-05, 09:03 AM
I dont reckon it is worth more in bits tbh..

The Cav Turbo geeks will spend upwards of ?3500 if its a genuine 40k... Worth about ?2k in parts if you're lucky.

Calibra Turbos are a different story....

orange_andy
14-12-05, 09:56 AM
people just dont understand the nova, i didnt!!! untill i needed a cheap but still fast fun car, and I WILL SAY NOVAS RULE. value for money, cheap tax, VERY FAST for what they are, they can take a beating, parts might aswell be free, what more could you want, and despite what some people say i think the nova looks good, with its standard lines and arches ect,

KRIS_537
14-12-05, 03:18 PM
if you found a mint cavalier i would not break it, i havea cav and a nova best of both worlds. if i was in your shoes i would not do it.

but if you are going to what nova is it going into. i do not know if you realise but if you put the engine in a nova you will twist the chassis. i can promise you that. the whole bluk head needs to be strenghtened and seem welded.

also your suspension will need uprating and you will definatly need the cav brakes or better on your car.

Philsutton
14-12-05, 07:29 PM
^^ that goes without saying, if the cavs were a fast car then no one would rip them to pieces, but they are just too fat.

Lee
14-12-05, 08:01 PM
The only reason theyre ribbing you is because you are killing another of their beloved cavs to give another nova a rebirth.

The Cav and Cally fanatics really hate us for that, and i think its really funny.

Just laugh and tell them you'll be gentle with the angle grinder LMAO

Philsutton
15-12-05, 10:28 AM
Just laugh and tell them you'll be gentle with the angle grinder LMAOlmao, im never gentle with an angle grinder

burgo
15-12-05, 01:07 PM
what are you doing with the rest of this cavvy??

CorsaCruiser
15-12-05, 06:20 PM
The Cav and Cally fanatics really hate us for that, and i think its really funny.
Check this thread: Cally saving (http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=209130&highlight=diesel+calibra)

:lol:

125scouse
16-12-05, 12:26 PM
i think your stupid breaking a cavalier turbo, especially a low mileage one, should keep the cav turbo and buy a valver nova as well :D best of both worlds

princey
16-12-05, 04:29 PM
get the engine out and the bits you wana keep. and them get the trusty old sledge hammer out and whack the living hell out of the donor lol. that WILL make them cry!

Philsutton
16-12-05, 04:31 PM
lmao fit a td back in it like that cally

burgo
16-12-05, 04:52 PM
get the engine out and the bits you wana keep. and them get the trusty old sledge hammer out and whack the living hell out of the donor lol. that WILL make them cry!do you not like money??