PDA

View Full Version : window surrounds

Anonymous
25-03-01, 04:52 PM
Right,I know the SRs n GTEs had rear window surrounds that make the rear quarter look loads nicer,I think I know how to get it off a car,but how will I fit some glass into it if it has not got any>?:-/

Anonymous
25-03-01, 05:49 PM
swap windows for sr ones

Anonymous
25-03-01, 06:49 PM
ok,that sounds straight forward enough,what do I do about the front windows,as I think the rubber and pillar vinyl are smaller?

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:39 PM
The glass is the same, so you can use your old glass...unless you're swapping for tinted.
To get the full L/GL/SR/GTE window trim, you also need it from around the front door windows....and you also need all the door window rubber, as it's different with the extra trim. This includes the quarter-light rubber, and obviously, the rubber that forms the window runners. There's also the trim that goes along the bottom edge of the glass, and a piece that fits in behind the mirrors.

I did this on mine, and I too had black b-pillars, and YES, the vinyl is smaller on the models without the trim, so when you fit the trim, you're left with a step, and need the larger vinyl. I used fablon, as a VERY quick and VERY cheep bodge job, until I do it right with some proper stuff...looks ok though.

Anonymous
26-03-01, 02:48 PM
hmmmm,sounds like alot of hassle to me,I might go for it,if the parts all come up cheap,thanks for the info