PDA

View Full Version : STERRING WHEEL WILL NOT BUDGE

Anonymous
23-03-01, 07:56 PM
CAN ANY BODY HELP I HAVE GOT A SR 1.3. I THINK WITH THE ORIGINAL STERRING WHEEL I WANT TO TAKE IT OFF BUT I HAVE TRYED I HAVE TAKEN THE CENTRE CAP OFF LOSENED THE BOLT UNDER THE CAP TAKEN ALL THE SKREWS AROUND THE WHEEL THE CASING ON THE IGNATION BUT CAN NOT SEE HOW IT CAN COME OFF CAN YOU HELP
TA

LOOK OUT CAUSE FLEX'S ABOUT

Anonymous
23-03-01, 09:21 PM
theres a metal retaining ring u need to use a flat head screwdriver to bend the pegs back on,but after doin this it is an absolute sod to take off!-I rocked the wheel from side to side violently,it took ages n ages!-my advice is to possibly use WD40 on it,n maybe buy an extracting tool that everyone goes on about

Anonymous
23-03-01, 10:21 PM
Or just do what i did and loose your temper at it...soon came off! HeHE

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
23-03-01, 11:00 PM
IF YOUR STERRING WHELL WANT COME OFF WITH PULLING IT. CAUSE MINE DIDN'T. THERE IS A 13MM BOTL ON THE STERRING COLUM JUST ABOVE THE FLOOR. UNDO THAT AND THEN JUST HIT THE COLUM ALL THE WAY DOWN. WHEN YOU GO TO PUT IT BACK ON JUST PULL THE COLUM BACK UP THEN PUT THE STERRING WHEEL BACK ON DO UP THE NUT THEN AFTER IT IS ALL ASEMBLED JUST NIP BACK UP THAT 13MM BOT UP AGAIN

Anonymous
23-03-01, 11:47 PM
flex i mite be intrested in ur SR steerin wheel if ur gettin rid of it, how much u want 4 it? ps u r in suth wales aint u?

john

of course i was very, very drunk :D

Anonymous
24-03-01, 12:11 AM
I LLANELLI DONOW MATE I HAVE TO SEE OW MUCH THEY GOIN FOR

LOOK OUT CAUSE FLEX'S ABOUT

Anonymous
24-03-01, 12:17 AM
You have all got it wrong... you are meant to use a universal steering wheel remover anal probe mettallic retainer hook valve... thats the best way...

Anonymous
24-03-01, 07:11 PM
Proper puller is only about ?9, and the wheel takes about 30 seconds to remove with that. Check a local spares/tool dealer, and look for a "Laser Tools" stand.

Anonymous
25-03-01, 02:31 PM
I got quoted ?40 by my nice Snap-on dealer, ripping bastard!!!

Anonymous
25-03-01, 03:35 PM
i just snapped a Laser extension bar trying to remove a driveshaft nut!!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
25-03-01, 03:47 PM
IF YOU DO IT MY WAY IT WILL COST YOU NOTHING

Anonymous
25-03-01, 06:10 PM
take off the big bolt in the middle of ur wheel then belt the fucik out of it wiv a rubber hammer

Anonymous
25-03-01, 09:46 PM
why yad wanna take off SR wheel i dunnat norr!

Anonymous
25-03-01, 11:29 PM
Collapsible steering column..... hit with hammer...... equals possible damage..... equals not good.....equals more than ?9 to replace lol
The first time I removed a Nova wheel, it took three of us pulling at it, and whacking it with hammers, and it still took about 45mins.
Second time around, I wasn't having that, so ?9 (?8.60 to be exact) was worth it.
If you buy one, you can always sell it again..then it's cost you nowt.

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:29 AM
Ive just been to my local vauxhall garage to get my steering wheel swaped. To my surprise they said it wont budge!!. They used this tool everyone talks about and it was bendingthe tool!! If they cant do then what hope have I got? there must be some way without causing any damage. I feel gutted that they couldnt get it off!!

Anonymous
26-03-01, 09:30 AM
Ive just been to my local vauxhall garage to get my steering wheel swaped. To my surprise they said it wont budge!!. They used this tool everyone talks about and it was bendingthe tool!! If they cant do then what hope have I got? there must be some way without causing any damage. I feel gutted that they couldnt get it off!!

Anonymous
26-03-01, 10:48 AM
remove the coloum with wheel on then take it to you local engineering place and get a 15 ton press onto it :-)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
26-03-01, 05:49 PM
Heres an even more complicated way just for the sheer hell and stupidness of it.Follow_
1.Take out rear window
2.go to JCB garage and purchasea brand new JCB
3.Tie big rope/chain to ur wheel.
4.Loosen all bolts for wheel.
5.Get into drivers seat and turn engine on.
6.Put brick on accelrator
7.Drive JCB away from car.
8.Bingo steering wheel off:)

Other method includes buying that really expensive steering wheel tool and removing it normallyu but hey!!Why follw the crowd??
Fraz:):):):)

GRRR I'm a sexual tyranosaurus!!!

Anonymous
27-03-01, 03:31 PM
Or....tie a rope around the wheel, and the other end around a tree, then push it off a cliff! Not very practical though......you may not be able to find a tree near a cliff.

Anonymous
28-03-01, 10:00 PM
Stop being a pussy and pull the thing off you little wimp

Anonymous
28-03-01, 10:27 PM
hey bawbag v5uk.get a grip mate we're here for a laug and some serious business.get a grip yeah??

GRRR I'm a sexual tyranosaurus!!!

Anonymous
30-03-01, 12:31 AM
Whilst pulling wheel very hard with knees behind it, use a centre punch in the indent in end of shaft. His firmly with hammer (not hard enough to collapse column) and if contacted properly, it releases wheel!

\_____
/__|__\_
|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:47 PM
get photograph of the wheel you want, and glue it onto the standard wheel. hey presto you have a ports wheel!!!! :D

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
30-03-01, 03:47 PM
get photograph of the wheel you want, and glue it onto the standard wheel. hey presto you have a sports wheel!!!! :D

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)