PDA

View Full Version : M.O.T fail or not?!?!

rudeboy69r
11-12-05, 10:50 PM
right i have removed the rear window wiper and motor and filled everything yer and i have herd that it will now fail a M.O.T? is this true and am i screwed?
cheers liam

Ste L
11-12-05, 11:10 PM
it wont fail...

some nova's came without rear wipers

Jules
11-12-05, 11:25 PM
If it has one then it has to work, but if it doesn't have one then they can't fail it for that.

novamadcars
11-12-05, 11:27 PM
was going 2 say if it was a fail just think of all the members with smooth boots that would have 2 change over befor mot every year

Ste L
12-12-05, 01:05 AM
like me :lol:

ada-v
12-12-05, 01:25 AM
same rule as the spare iirc. if you have one, should be good to pass, so dont have one, simple. lol

Tazzy
12-12-05, 02:36 AM
same goes for side repeaters!

i cut mine off but hadnt got round to flushing the holes, luckily, the guy still past it off for me!

Ste L
12-12-05, 09:02 AM
thats not true, mk1 nova's need side repeaters, but mk2's dont, due to the front indecators

Martin
12-12-05, 09:51 AM
my K reg Mk2 nova came without a rear window wiper... so it will pass MOT,, And my new wings dont have side repeater holes in them, do i have too drill them for MOT

Cheers Martin.

Will
12-12-05, 01:23 PM
my K reg Mk2 nova came without a rear window wiper... so it will pass MOT,, And my new wings dont have side repeater holes in them, do i have too drill them for MOT

Cheers Martin.

depends on tester

many will let you get away without as the front indicators are the "wrap around" type so u can kind of see them from the side

TBH i think its more "sensible" (being an old git) to have them on the side for the pure reason that ppl can see your indicators if you are changing lanes or turning etc etc

Adam
12-12-05, 01:27 PM
IIRC.
The rule is something like:-
Stand 5m from the side of the rear of the car, if you can see the front indicator flashing, then your fine.

Mines a mk2, and passed without any side repeaters.
But as Will said, its a bit dangerous if theres a car coming up on the side of yours on a motorway/dual carriageway and the driver cant see your indicators.

Col_Mk1
12-12-05, 01:48 PM
my mk1 never came with side repeters :lol:

Will
12-12-05, 02:51 PM
that will be cause its a pre 86 model or similar 8)

loggyboy
12-12-05, 04:30 PM
same rule as the spare iirc. if you have one, should be good to pass, so dont have one, simple. lol

Spare isnt in the MOT at all - doesnt matter if its legal, flat, or the wrong size, the tester cant care.

Jack
12-12-05, 05:54 PM
IIRC.
The rule is something like:-
Stand 5m from the side of the rear of the car, if you can see the front indicator flashing, then your fine.
1000mm, one metre. You have to be able to see decent amber light, and not a reflection.

If the indicators have an E mark in a circle, or an E mark in a rectangle with a 5 above it, they should be ok.

rudeboy69r
14-12-05, 01:59 PM
alright cheers lads just wanted to make shure before i get it resprayed
cheers

Will
14-12-05, 02:01 PM

Spare isnt in the MOT at all - doesnt matter if its legal, flat, or the wrong size, the tester cant care.

if the spare is there it should be checked and if illegal should fail

doubt that happens in reality

loggyboy
14-12-05, 02:25 PM

NO
the Spare is not in the MoT AT ALL

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/mottestersgarageowners/mottesting/carcomponentstested.htm

Wheels and Tyres
Condition, security, tyre size/type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.

novapearl
15-12-05, 11:09 AM
Allow me to clarify.

ON MOT rear wiper is not inspected and shouldn't be.

Spare tyre is entirely irrelevant as well!

Rear wiper may fail if its jammed in the middle of the rear screen tho... depends what your MOT testers like...

Will
15-12-05, 11:24 AM

NO
the Spare is not in the MoT AT ALL

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/mottestersgarageowners/mottesting/carcomponentstested.htm

Wheels and Tyres
Condition, security, tyre size/type and tread depth. Spare tyres are not inspected.

furry muff

dont see the point in carrying an illegal spare thats why i thought they would check it

lazzzzzzzzzzy testers ;)

Adam
15-12-05, 06:54 PM
I think if the police check the spare and its bald, then you can get fined etc.

Its not a part of the MOT, but i think police would check it.

Ste L
15-12-05, 07:03 PM
simple answer to that, dont have one, i dont lol

ANDYRACER
15-12-05, 11:05 PM
simple answer to that, dont have one, i dont lol

Neither do i, but actually i dont have an interior either :lol:

Adam
15-12-05, 11:36 PM
Lol.
I always carry a spare, you never know :wink:
I'd rather just wack a spare on than pi** about trying to find the can of tyre weld,lol.