PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE BEWARE the "mint" nova gsi on ebay

novamadman
11-12-05, 10:31 PM
Bit of advice people. The supposedly mint nova gsi on ebay is very very very dodgy. I added the chap to my msn via the email address which was on the ebay advert. That was fine asked him all about the car its mint its immaculate bla bla had one bubble on door and got hole side painted yeh sure. its mint its immaculate. Anyway i asked him if he had any more pictures apart from those on ebay and he gave me this one which showed the interior but u could see around the edges of the doors and they were white. Its the same picture that was on an ebay add a month ago which had a silk violet nova gsi with speedlines. I said to him anyway about the white bits he didnt reply for ages and he then said he had given me the wrong picture that he didnt have any other pics of it. So i said y did he give me that one then he said that he couldnt find any other pics of it.

VERY VERY VERY DODGY

Maybe im wrong but to me people its very dodgy. Im not trying to put anyone off by saying this the chaps email address is in the add ask him urself. Like i said i could be wrong its maybe a good car but just thought that people who were interested in the car would like to know. I can show anyone the pic that wants to see it i just dont know how to post pics on here.

Cheers Shane

Jack
11-12-05, 10:41 PM
You mean this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-VAUXHALL-NOVA-GSI-SILK-VIOLET-BEST-IN-NORTH-EAST_W0QQitemZ4597126432QQcategoryZ9858QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

novacabrio
11-12-05, 10:42 PM
If its the one in bishop aukland im tempted to go show him the cleanest gsi in the north east in mine! how can it be the cleanes, my 55 reg is better

novamadman
12-12-05, 12:05 AM
Very true. Yeah it is that one.

Ben
12-12-05, 12:13 AM
No Nova is Mint, as Rick said in other post there all night on 15+ years old.

craig green
12-12-05, 05:53 PM
Looks alright to me.

Buy it now price is a laugh tho.

Jack
12-12-05, 05:56 PM
Could have had replacement doors put on due to rusty originals?

JOV
13-12-05, 12:30 PM
If its the one in bishop aukland im tempted to go show him the cleanest gsi in the north east in mine! how can it be the cleanes, my 55 reg is better

Yeah but yours is brand new so that doesn't count :wink:

Stuart
13-12-05, 12:48 PM
thats jsut making you few people who keep on dragging that oh so not funny "joke" up to look like even bigger ?unts lmao. get a life and stop being pretenders.

loggyboy
13-12-05, 02:32 PM
am i going mad or has this thread been cut n edited to f**k??
im sure it was different link/car and half the replys are missing.

have a feeling u need to be regular to understand this one :|

leemh1234
13-12-05, 06:34 PM
u can have a new car but u'll fail misrebly in a concours

ade
13-12-05, 09:53 PM
I do like silk violet GSi's

8)

Anyone know the paint code for the silk violet?

shane - post the "dodgy" pic he sent you...

scott.parker
14-12-05, 12:26 AM
I do like silk violet GSi's

8)

Anyone know the paint code for the silk violet?

shane - post the "dodgy" pic he sent you...

WTF have you lost it then? :lol:

i guess i can look tomo and let you know mate.

Scott

Silky_xe
16-12-05, 10:14 AM
Silk Violet is E-265 Matey

novamadman
16-12-05, 11:15 AM
Heres the link to the pic the guy said was the interior of the car.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a145/rallynova/DOdgy/?action=view&current=21_1_b.jpg

hendrix
16-12-05, 11:34 AM
its clearly a differnt car, one has a magic tree and the one on ebay doesnt :lol:

Jack
16-12-05, 01:14 PM
Picture looks like the outside of the car is overexposed so yes, a silk violet car could appear white.

novamadman
16-12-05, 02:57 PM
Picture looks like the outside of the car is overexposed so yes, a silk violet car could appear white.

Then why did the guy that owned the car and showed me the photo say that he didnt have any he gave me that one mistake. If it was just glare then it was innocent enough but he didnt say that he didnt talk for ages and said he gave me that one by mistake he didnt have any of the car.

Shane