PDA

View Full Version : Vibrations

SPipower
10-12-05, 02:19 AM
Hey folks, i think i have something wrong, doing about 85mph down a hill and with a 30 coming up which the village is notorious for the police, putt the brakes on, the whole car vibrates, steering wheel shakes and car sounds like its going over cats eyes but faster, the brakes are ok so if anyone knows why or has any ideas greatly appreciated cheers :)

lee 16v
10-12-05, 09:08 AM
is everything done up, like your wheels this happened to me someone had tryed to nick my wheel till they got to the lock nut.

if not your discs are worped do you do heavy braking

Lee
10-12-05, 11:45 AM
could also be worn shocks doing this, or worn bushes / ball joints.

Jack
10-12-05, 05:50 PM
I'd also say suspension. Also check tyres for uneven wear or pressure and perhaps get the tracking done. Its also possible a wheel weight has fallen off...

Unlikely to be warped discs, but could be deposits from the pads. Have you had the brakes recently serviced/replaced?

Iain
10-12-05, 07:03 PM
My steering wheel & dashboard shakes under heavy braking (70 to 30 for example) and my mechanic said it was just a "brake judder" and was alright if I can put up with it.

Jack
10-12-05, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't put up with it :?

Stuart
11-12-05, 07:59 AM
id say warped discs....

when ive had them warp in the past the brakes worked "fine" but vibrated like fook.

Jack
11-12-05, 11:07 AM
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

orange_andy
11-12-05, 11:57 AM
sounds like what i just had similar,

squeeln brakes, took it to garage, new pads,

still squeeked, took it back, they said the pads overlaped the disc,

STILL SQUEEKED, took it back they grinded the end of me discs so there was no rust,

STILL SQUEEKED AND THEN MADE A VERY RATTLING ECOED NOISE WHEN BRAKING AS IF THE DISC WAS WOBBLING ABOUT,

TURNED OUT.............................. the rear brakes / drums what ever, were full of dust muck and crap, cleaned all that out NO PROBLEMS WITH SQUEEKING OR RATTLING,

slammed saloon
11-12-05, 02:28 PM
i had the same problem mate turned out to be a track rod end which cost 6 quid

Philsutton
11-12-05, 02:33 PM
i would also say that your brake discs might be warped