PDA

View Full Version : Flush it down the Gary Glitter

Anonymous
21-03-01, 11:54 AM
I know the principals behind flushing the tailgate on a nova, but there's something puzzling me...

If u open the boot of a flushed tailgate, and have it horizontal in line with your eyes, can u see the place where the number plate used to be and the underside of the plate that has been welded on?

If you've welded a plate across the recce in the nove tailgate, if u think about it there's going to be a 'pocket' behind this plate...can u see it when u lift up the boot?

Ged

[ged_bong]
It's all me me me me me
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk

Anonymous
21-03-01, 12:12 PM
what you need to do once you have welded the plate into the recess is (with the boot horizontaly in line with your eyes) cut a piece of wood the shape of the gap between the recess part (the original boot lid) and the new plate of metal, (so it will be thin at each end expanding to about 1inch in the middle) and put it in the gap, this will strengthen the piece of welded metal. if you cut it so its a tight fit (the wood) you wont need to fix it in, but if its loose, you can screw through the new piece of metal and then grind the head of the screw off. Then drill a small hole into either the wood or the metal about the size of a 5 pence piece and fill the gap with expanding foam. ( you can get this foam from B&Q about ?6) dont put too much in though, remember it expands to 3 times its original size so fill it up about a 3rd of the way. When this sets you will have a solid boot lid with virtually no flexing in the metal ( so ya filla wont crack)
Any probs give us a yell

Cheers

I AM INVINCABLE !!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
21-03-01, 01:30 PM
?

Anonymous
21-03-01, 04:47 PM
could u send me through email a rough guide on how to flush a tailgate...I know the basics but need advice from someone who's dunnit :)

it would be a big help...

Cheers m8

Ged

[ged_bong]
Quade...Quade...start the reactor
WWW.ROYBACER.CO.UK
Ged@roybacer.co.uk