PDA

View Full Version : Car Crime Compensation!!??!?!

jock23
08-12-05, 09:07 PM
Just wondered if anyone knew anything bout this sort of thing on here?

I had my nova broken into in a NCP car park in manchester a few months ago. My stereo was robbed and some damage done inside the car.

To cut a long story short, the police have caught the guy responsible (amazing i know) and they have my full statement etc.

Now, what I want to know is if there is anyway I can claim the costs of new stereo etc back off anyone (ie the robber) without involving my insurance????

Stuart
08-12-05, 09:26 PM
"your car and its contents are left completely at your own risk"

you could try to sue the robber if the police give you all his details... but thats not gonna happen lol

Philsutton
09-12-05, 11:12 AM
some gangsta twats mugged my brothers a few years ago, they now have to pay back the cost of what they stole at about 50p a week out of their "pocket money" from the goverment. Oh yeah they are also given their own flat. I mean you get rewarded for being a thieving twat in this country. Anyway im not sure if it applies to cars as well, as stu said

orange_andy
09-12-05, 01:07 PM
i work as an insurance claims advisor, all that will happen is, you go to your insurance give them full details of how it happened and the suspect has been caught then your insurance pay out, BASICALLY giving you money if you were insured for the items, THEN the insurance company have subrogation rights meaning,

ONCE the insured (you) has been put back into the same financial positon they were in prior to the loss, (they have given you money for what was stolen, so basically your in the same position bfeore this happened)

THEN the insurer, ie house hold insurance, have subrogation rights, to TAKE YOUR PLACE legally, and take this person to court in order for the insurer to claim back THERE FINANCIAL LOSS (as they have given you money)

now i dont work in car insurance, but from what i know and if u understand any of that, then you claim off insurance which is what its there for, you will probably have a higher renewal price, then the insurer tries to claim that money back by taking that person to court, SO IN THEORY you could take that person further your self claiming what was stolen,

hope that helped, OH BY THE WAY, that was 5minutes work at ?29.99 per minute, thanks :P

Jack
09-12-05, 05:57 PM
I think thats more to cover the car park owners, so you can't accuse them of failing to provide sufficient security measures and try to sue them.