PDA

View Full Version : New year and all

Mitchybee
08-12-05, 12:26 PM
Well, the new year is getting closer, and so is the time for me to start driving getting closer so i want to get my nova ready for when i start. But there is a lot to do so i got a few questions.

Does any one have the stock code numbers or a price from Vauxhall for the rubbers that go around the front doors, mine have been all bent where someone has tried to break into the car, so i want new ones.

Same question about right and left headlights from vauxhall.

Also, im after some centre caps for AStra GTE wheels(mk2) so if anyone has got any.... and just wondering if 195/40/14 will go onto these alloys ok and work ok on the car? as i plan on getting this size in tyre fairly soon.

Also, what sort of money will i be looking at paying to get a headgasket done on a 1.2? dont think its gone, but im getting it checked out fairly soon so i want to know what sort of money im going to be paying if its bad news.

Also, how easy is it to fit a Digital dash as my petrol guage has stopped working and if im upgrading, i mite aswell go digital, and how easy is it to find one that is going to work.

Cheers people, im sure i have more questions, but cant think at the moment.

Stuart
08-12-05, 02:37 PM
the "inner" door seals?
ive got a set, not 100% sure on the colour/condition but id swap if you want as i dont care how they look lmao.

Headgasket.... prime chance to learn how to take an engine apprt ;)
paying a garage to do it....... erm ?200ish.... but diy about ?60

slammed saloon
08-12-05, 08:02 PM
on ma old 1.4 luxe i did head gasket valve stem seals and decoke in 4.5 hours start to finish. diy it mate nt worth gettin ripped off over just ask a mate to giva ya a hand preferably sum1 hu nos bit boot engines

Mitchybee
09-12-05, 10:30 PM
No, i need the rubbers on the outside of the door, the ones that go around the windows...

Jim
09-12-05, 10:38 PM
No, i need the rubbers on the outside of the door, the ones that go around the windows...

Do you need the ones that run along the bottom of the window as well? If so, I've got some. I will try and drop them off at some point.

As for the rest of the surround, PM Keith Robinson, he got some from Vauxhall, he may have the part numbers.

Jim

Mitchybee
09-12-05, 11:44 PM
Yeah, thats the bit i need as mine are all bent up, the ones that go along the bottom of the window. Coilovers are all fitted now, and getting some tyres for the 14s fairly soon...

craig green
15-12-05, 04:38 PM
The outer window sills are not gonna be cheap knowing Vaux dealer pricing strategy.

Find some at a scrappy & lift them off. only clipped on.

headgasket is easy(ish) just need a skim to do it properly, that'll cost a bit.
get the gaskets & bolts from Autovaux, & blag a mate or mechanically minded neighbour to help you with the timing upon re-assembly.

NickWalliams
15-12-05, 05:17 PM
Yeah them rubbers wont be cheap, I paid about ?50 for a boot seal :o