PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Problem

GOZ
07-12-05, 04:53 PM
Hi i brought a corsa a while back which is delocked and has a smooth boot therefore no way to get in when locked. Now the problem is i have not been using it and now the battery has gone and i have no way to get into it. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I seem to remember a post on corsasport a while back (which i can't find) saying that you could get a battery charger and put the negative to an earth i.e gearbox and the positive to something but i can't remember what it was i think it may have been alternater then there should be enough power to just press the key fob and unlock it. Anyone heard of this method ? does it make sense ? Any help with this would be most appreciated. Cheers

Riggy
07-12-05, 06:32 PM
would have thought this would work

try it , get the positive and connect it to the possitive on the starter and then stick the earth to an earth strap

GOZ
07-12-05, 06:59 PM
So its the starter motor i connect the positive to then not the alternater ?

Riggy
07-12-05, 07:20 PM
dont know mate lol

was juts thinking that it could work , as its connected to the batt

Adam
07-12-05, 07:29 PM
Try the alternator.
As that sends current TO the battery, so if you get a 12V supply on the alternator output it should put a bit of power in the battery, maybe,lol.

novalovingned
08-12-05, 01:08 AM
every nova has the same weakness u can break into it with 1 of those blue parcel strap ties (might work wit corsa dont c y not)
get a piece of the stuff about about 40cm long
fold it over
and stick it in the gap of the door but make sure it slipps in through the rubber aswel u should do this about 20cm above the latch were the door locks
slowwly work down to the latch it should (should!!!) slip into the hook of the door opening latch
and then pull up so it opens

sorry its really hard to explain but did my best but dont give up on it .it will work if u try it enough

novalovingned

Riggy
08-12-05, 05:47 PM
^^^ can we have this post deleted please

GOZ
09-12-05, 04:19 PM
lol riggy feelin unsecure now ? Nice suggestion mate will try it but knowing my luck it probs wont work. Gonna try the battery charger method and the other one at the weekend if not then maybe the rac can do it if i fone em im sure they have one of the proper things you slide down the side of the door incase people lock there keys in.

GOZ
10-12-05, 02:51 PM
Problem solved the door latch method didn't work as the car is deadlocked. My mate just popped round and we got it on the trolley jack he went under found the alternator and unbolted the wire which comes from the battery put the positive on it and the negative to an earth and hey presto power in the batt.

GOZ
10-12-05, 10:58 PM
Oh dear yet another problem! After now getting into the car and charging the battery the car wont start the starter motor just makes a clickin sound but not lots of clicks like when the battery is low this is just 1 click. All i get when i turn the key is the one click and nothing happens anyone have any suggestions on wot this could be? My mate wreckons either the starter is stuck open or he may have knocked an earth off while un-bolting the alternator wire. Will have a closer look in morning when its light. Its very frustrating having got the car open now not bein able to start it ! :evil: