PDA

View Full Version : cuttin out

novalovingned
07-12-05, 04:08 PM
i think my mk1 is screwed the engine has only done 63k but recently i was drinvin down the road and it cut out
i bumped started the car as it was still rolling but then it went for lik 2 secs then cut out again so i stopped the car started turning it over again and wouldnt start.Then the battery died so i jumped it and it was revving fine but i noticed thet every time i revved the car the oil pressure was dippin right down so parked it up for the night.

I went back the next day had to jump start it cause the battery was flat but once i did that it ran purfect for about five mins then same happened again so i did the same again

Tha car will sit and idle all day long with out a hassle but it is soon as i move off its fcukin up. it also cuts out when im slowing down iv got to keep constand revs or it cuts out but there is a twist i cant keep it at a constant rev just say 2500 it just dies
can some 1 please help as im going to push it over a cliff

novalovingned

sickrabbit
07-12-05, 04:20 PM
mate - sounds like what mine did about a month back . .Check the alternator and dizzy cap / rota arm.I,ll wager it COULD be the rota arm is,nt contacting . Have a look in a Haynes manual - its an easy job . If the rota arm has worn away I,d replace the alternator cap an all . These parts can be obtained easily from halfrauds. ?20 ish
Good luck

orange_andy
07-12-05, 04:45 PM
what engine is it ? is it carbed ? you got a manual choke ? if you got a choke then just leave your choke out, carb ices, mine does it now and then nothing you can do really, just learn to beat it,

mine did it i was fine for first 10 mins then no reason revs went mad and just died,

novalovingned
07-12-05, 05:48 PM
its a 1.2 8v and its got a manual choke so what do u think i do to stop it

novalovingned

Riggy
07-12-05, 07:23 PM
have the timing checked