PDA

View Full Version : emotional scarring via the telly.

sickrabbit
07-12-05, 10:57 AM
If you havent ever seen summat on the goggle box thats left you with a bad taste in your mouth or sick to the stomach with fear as a child then you aint switched it on . For me I caught the last 20mins of Zoltan hound of Dracula when I was a nipper , resulting in sleeping with the light on , and checking under the bed for the bluudy hound at least twice before shut eye. That and Planet of the Apes . My cousin slept walked for 3 years because of Zombie flesh eaters and my poor brother crapped himself over Doctor Who...

I know I,m not alone .....

I saw an advert on telly last night , and there must be dozens of small kids now living in fear of a herd of demonic looking red cows because of it. Seen it ? The ad is for cravendales strawberry flavoured milk where a kid sees loads of red coloured cows...its creepy , but funny ( well , I find it humerous )
What made you sleep with one eye open - and why ?

Just for fun like. :wink:

Stuart
07-12-05, 12:43 PM
when i first watched the roswell autopsy i was a little wary of the dark lmao.

boredbloke
07-12-05, 02:12 PM
a dream of a monster that eats anything hanging out side of the bed covers while your sleeping...

that sh it me up for ages!

dunova
07-12-05, 02:33 PM
I didn't lose any sleep over this, but after seeing jaws when i was young i now absolutely hate the sea and won't go anywhere near it. It even freaks me out abit to do back-crawl in a swimming pool :o

jkhilton
07-12-05, 03:16 PM
a dream of a monster that eats anything hanging out side of the bed covers while your sleeping...

that sh it me up for ages!

LMFAO!!! that cracked me up!! I was talking about this with a friend the other day, I dont think you ever get over it!! I still make sure my feet aren't hanging over the end/side of the bed :lol:

sickrabbit
07-12-05, 03:23 PM
Now that is something many folks hold on to . Just watch any programme on sharks and that subject is brought up.

2 years ago my brother and his new wife honeymooned in the maldives for a week . Bruv is a photographer so he spent hours in the sea . One afternoon he joined a dive crew and went out to a reef - he snorkeled and swam about 150meters from the boat. He could hear shouting as he trod water to clear his mask , so he spun round to look in a mild state of panic . The shouts were from the boat - he looked down and saw a grey massive shadow below . Thankfully it was a whale shark - he got some wicked pics of it ( try to load em later if he,ll let me ) but remarked how quick he got back to the boat and shook like a leaf once on board.......

Jim
07-12-05, 03:47 PM
Thankfully it was a whale shark - he got some wicked pics of it ( try to load em later if he,ll let me ) but remarked how quick he got back to the boat and shook like a leaf once on board.......

Whale sharks are massive aren't they? But feed on plankton?

Either way, I hate the sea. I won't swim out further than the point when I can't reach the sea bed - it freaks me out not knowing whats underneath me. Probably something to do with the Jaws films, lol.

I wasn't keen on Zelda from Terrahawks when I was a kid :oops:

Jim

sickrabbit
07-12-05, 04:11 PM
Yes mate - they are vegetarians of the seas . Didnt stop me kid brother skiddin his bathers tho !!

Jack
07-12-05, 04:45 PM
I'm not a bit scared of sharks or what not, its the jellyfish and the likes that gets me... in fact most things slimey, slugs etc are all just plain wrong IMO.

Terrahawks when I was a kid :oops:
Terrahawks was ace :D

Moondial used to scared me when I was a kid

Stuart
07-12-05, 05:27 PM
whale sharks/basking sharks will jsut give you a good ole love bite lol. i know a few surfers from newquay whove been hickied by one lol.

John, i get my feet well inside the bed "just incase" too lmao. stupid monsters wont eat me cos im covered in duvet, HAVE IT!

sickrabbit
07-12-05, 06:21 PM
We as monsters live in the wardrobe or airing cupboard ....and we will hurt your tootsies if they appear under the duvet.....we are also related to the cravendale cows , and the things that go bump in the night .....see you later ......I can hear it noe - HELP !!!

WEAR DOC MARTINS TO BED NOVALOADERS ....JUST IN CASE LIKE . I,LL KICK THAT BLUDDY MUTT ZOLTAN RIGHT IN THE DANGLEY GRAPES - VAMPIRE OR NOT IF HE COMES ROUND ERE WITH HIS BIG GOOFS !!

I,ll bet the split arses on this site are lovin this ...!

Mike.
07-12-05, 08:44 PM
lol, i used to hate gremlins, ever since i saw the first gremlins film, i used to think they'd crawl up the side of the bed, which would make me keep my feet inside the duvet :lol: :lol:

ohh and sharks don't bother me, the only part in the jaws film i didn't like was when they went diving and found that wreck then this severed head popped out of no were.

Kinky Monza
07-12-05, 10:13 PM
dunno about as a kid but dog soldiers put the sh!ts up me when i saw that
:oops:

Stuart
07-12-05, 10:19 PM
dog soldiers ruled!!! top notch british film :D

Kinky Monza
07-12-05, 10:23 PM
great film but i wouldn't go outside in the dark :oops:

Dod
07-12-05, 10:28 PM
My ex and i went to see The Blair Witch and being a bit thick she believed me that it was real footage, we both live in the sticks so forests, old stone houses, rivers and Cracking, banging and screaming noises aren't un common. I managed to scare myself shitless!!

Kinky Monza
07-12-05, 10:30 PM
blair witch is crap :roll:

Dod
07-12-05, 10:53 PM
Well maybe the Blair Witch thinks you're Crap!? :P Ever think about that?

Kinky Monza
07-12-05, 11:00 PM
and your point is :roll:

Dod
07-12-05, 11:02 PM
That, well, er, SHUT UP!!! *Dod Runs away screaming*

Kinky Monza
07-12-05, 11:03 PM
:sleeping:

burgo
07-12-05, 11:05 PM
when i was young i drempt there were two big baskets outside my bedroom door with two big mofo snakes in them. then when i woke up it was like torture cos i had just had a bad dream but didnt dare go tell me mum bout it cos of the snakes :cry:

sickrabbit
08-12-05, 11:10 AM
We sat down with a big pizza a cold beers to watch the Blair Witch. At the end of the movie the pizza was cold , the beers warm - both untouched . Shat meself.....

A film critic reviewed this movie and remarked if it doesnt scare you , to watch it at 1 am on your own. I,d say try 3 am

Its a strange time 3am - this is commonly known as "witching hour " when most paranormal things occur. The first time I heard this I ridiculed .it . But think - its always creepy at 3am when you wake , and feels odd if your still up and about.
I hate waking up at this time.

wisewood
08-12-05, 11:16 AM
Count Duckula!!! everytime. Freaks me right out.

sickrabbit
08-12-05, 12:00 PM
You been at the Morrocan Woodbines mate ?

wisewood
08-12-05, 12:04 PM
Nope. Cartoon vampire duck that is a vegetarian.

sickrabbit
08-12-05, 12:08 PM
Heck . Thats me off to the saftey of the cupboard under the stairs mate. :o
see you all in the spring. :D

sickrabbit
11-12-05, 12:06 PM
I managed t catch 5 minutes of X Factor on telly last night ( wasnt my choice was visiting a relative ) and by god - if this banal televisional excrement entertains, then god help us. I,ve never seen so much self obsessed vanity in all my born days .
In fact I do believe that programes of this nature are the result of why now binge drinking amongt this nations fine people has become so popular.
Emotional scarring ...? I do believe if anyone finds the X Factor in anyway moving , they should go on the show and have a mass bawling competition. Give em summat to cry about like a tabasco enema . :|

Absolute rubbish.

In fact it HAS left me scarred and emotional - wound up !!

End of sermonn.

Fester
11-12-05, 05:39 PM
Oh yes.

When I was about 7 I saw some random WW2 film. This pilot was shot down in plumes of flames.

Anyway in the 'hospital' this guy was lying there mummified in bandages and burned to fuck. This put me on edge for about 6 years :lol:

Philsutton
11-12-05, 07:12 PM
i also saw a few minutes of the x-factor once and since that day i have never slept right

Dod
11-12-05, 07:18 PM
Yeah Fester, its the same thing as in Mad Max when the Goose gets burned alive, never slept right for a week!!!

sickrabbit
11-12-05, 10:15 PM
The first 2 Max films were wicked ..gave my father in law evil nightmares ...but for me personally thetr is ONE thing that stil will not leave me alone . " Do the shake n vac and put the freshness back " - its only a bluddy carpet shampoo advert , but it really has left its mark on my life - in fact I,d like to congratulate the advertising team on this product - it worked - see you in court !!