PDA

View Full Version : ****** BRAKES **** ME OFF NOW ! ! !

orange_andy
07-12-05, 09:08 AM
well im right **** of now, started to get squeeky brakes. took it to garage, NEW PADS, brakes still squeeked, took it back yesterday, oh the pads must have been catching on the edge of the disc, and we cleaned the rust from the edges of the disc aswell, outcome, BREAK STILL SQUEEK anyone got any idea what this is, they dont squeek from braking straight away, its when you get to like 5-10 mph down it screeches (sometimes) then the next time i brake its fine?? any one got ideas

womble sri
07-12-05, 10:41 AM
might be pads just wearing in when they get to a certain speed they will squeak like you say just run a few more 100 miles and it shoud be ok or just get some wd40 and spray the whole can all over your disks, joke.

rsintheplace
07-12-05, 01:28 PM
hello mate, what condition are your brake disc's in? check around the edges and inside on inner lip, if they look scored or warped u might benefit from changing the disc's aswell. if there heavily worn on the edges this can squeel against your brake pads. also another check did the garage use any lubricants like copper slip?helps stop the bake pads grinding against the brake pad carrier. hope any of this helps.

Adam
07-12-05, 02:56 PM
Could try some copper grease on the BACKS of the pads.

Riggy
07-12-05, 06:20 PM
have you re-fitted the anti squeel springs

alistairolsen
12-12-05, 11:13 AM
mine do this at times, its got new disks and pads, and is fine normally, but if you really abuse them and then go into a town, braking from 30 down is really noisy. Another good thrash and cooling slowly normally sorts it.

orange_andy
12-12-05, 11:53 AM
its alrite fully sorted now. TURNED out it was the rear brakes, full of dust and sh&& and any other thing, brakes are fine now, cheers for the advice