PDA

View Full Version : What size bolts(exhaust flange and bumper carrier)

Adam
06-12-05, 05:42 PM
As above.
Anyone know what size the bolts are that bolt the flange of a 4branch manifold to the flange on the front section of a ashley exhaust? I think they are M10, but what length are they as you put springs inbetween to take some of the movement stress away.

I also need a new set of bolts for the bumper carrier to car chassis, i think these are M10 as well, but what lenth are they?
I cant measure mine as they have sheared off and one half is stuck in the carrier.

Cheers :)

Adam
06-12-05, 06:55 PM
Found out that the exhaust bolts are M10 and around 55mm long.
So i'll have a look in B&Q tomorrow.

On the subject of exhausts does anyone know what the gasket is called that goes between the manifold and the front pipe, its like a donut shape.
Will a motor factors stock these or are the GM parts?

Snowface
06-12-05, 08:04 PM
the 1.3sr and 1.4sr have different lenght bolts.

I found this out when fitting a 1.4sr mandifold and just got the ones i needed from Vaux.

Adam
06-12-05, 10:10 PM
the 1.3sr and 1.4sr have different lenght bolts.

I found this out when fitting a 1.4sr mandifold and just got the ones i needed from Vaux.
Hrmm, think i will just get some 60mm length M10 bolts then.

craig green
09-12-05, 04:09 PM
Bumper bolts are M7 rare thread size, but the bolts that hold front seats in are M7. Pik sum up at the breakers yard.

Adam
09-12-05, 04:16 PM
Bumper bolts are M7 rare thread size, but the bolts that hold front seats in are M7. Pik sum up at the breakers yard.
Ah right, i aint gonna get them from B&Q then,lol.
They dont have M7 thread bolts in B&Q.