PDA

View Full Version : BUZZZZZZZZZZER

SPipower
05-12-05, 07:28 PM
Hey folks, got a 1.2i 92 mk 2 expression and is it supposed to have a headlight warning buzzer or something? i open the door with the lights on and doesnt make a noise or anythin, i have checked all the fuses, checked the relays with a multi meter, went to the scrappy and got some relays of novas and nothing even studied the haynes manual, and not even a squek, so..... is it supposed to have one and why aint it working, sounds weird i bet everyone gets annoyed with theres and im tryin to make mine work...lol

cheers!!! :)

dunova
05-12-05, 08:00 PM
Most likely a dodgy switch-try giving it a good clean on the connections and make sure dirt isn't cruding it up. If that still doesn't work then it's new switch time. Also for a nicer warning noise get a relay from an astra-it makes a nice 'beeping' noise rather than that horrible buzzer noise!

sickrabbit
05-12-05, 08:19 PM
theres a relay on ebay at present....i,ve had the same problem mate - check the door switch , and replace the relay ....jobs a good un.

SPipower
05-12-05, 08:27 PM
woah mate!!!!! just been lookin at that reley! :lol: i will take it apart tomorow i think, its always done it so gonna have a good old look at it, whats weird is that the door sensors are fine too cos of the alarm,

sickrabbit
05-12-05, 08:35 PM
you mean item number 4595511577 on ebay ? Its exactly the same one Ive changed - took 30 seconds .....sounds much better

SPipower
05-12-05, 08:39 PM
thats the one!!, my mate used to have an ash-tray it sounded much modern than a constipated bumble bee

sickrabbit
05-12-05, 08:47 PM
Simple to change , a pleasure on the ear..... :D

SPipower
05-12-05, 08:59 PM
pleasure on the ear, lol :lol:

Jack
05-12-05, 09:17 PM
Best description I heard was "doorbell on acid" lmfao

My saloon never seemed to like the door buzzer either... hm

SPipower
05-12-05, 09:20 PM
init like the one i used to have on my old skooool........panda.....dont laugh....!! lol, that was bad in the end smashed it up got me lump hammer and destroyed it, then got the Nova of love,,..