PDA

View Full Version : advise on lowering

orange_andy
05-12-05, 11:52 AM
i got a 91. 1.4 sr i think its alrite, all the sudden i have a massive craving for tinted windows and it lowered, iv read about alot of people say you NEED suspension kits bla bla but no1 seems to use them

the rear of the car looks fine yet the front looks raised, looks shit i just want advise on springs because i dont have a clue,

i have the money for the springs i dont want all this crap talk about suspension needed *just because some people have it) i want my car low but not so low its unbearable, what would be the best drop ? 40mm seems to be the standard??

also on that note is it easy to fit seat splitters as if i drop it 40 and it isnt to low i could just put splitters on it. cheers guys

Adam
05-12-05, 12:41 PM
40mm is a good height for looks, and still being able to get over speed humps

You should be ok with a small splitter on the front with a 40mm drop. As long as its not a deep Golf Vr6 splitter or anything.

mad-driver
05-12-05, 12:54 PM
mine used to look high at the front and low at the back, until i put the front lowered springs on, then it became quite clear that the back was actually high lol. Anyway my car is lowered 40mm all round on spax and looks the danglies, doesnt rub but is very close

ps, Ad get a job lol :lol:

Adam
05-12-05, 01:01 PM
ps, Ad get a job lol :lol:
Cheeky get :lol:

Marsden
05-12-05, 05:39 PM
mine is lowerd 60mm all round and can be sometimes a bit harsh, the centre box also rubs on speed bumps when there is 3 or 4 people in it. the wheels no were neer rub but i only do have 14" on. apart from all that i would never get it any higher i think 60mm is just right. but thats my opinion.