PDA

View Full Version : Nearly Stolen

Nova_Houch7
04-12-05, 01:03 PM
hey everyone, just thort id tell u my crappy past week and a half ive had.!
At first the battery was flat, so i had to get my hands on a battery charger asap so i cud charge it othrwise the alarm wudnt work.

I came bak on a monday mornin to find the bonnet had been opened, lights broken, grill half off, and bumper dented.

Cuple days later the Passenger lock had been Tampered with, (but this isnt even connected neway),

Then a mate of my mum's husband kindly let me have his Battery charger, so right away i took the battery out to charge it up!

When it came to putting the battery back in, i saw the bonnet open again, looked in and there was a battery in there, they had stolen it from my garage, so i had a check round the car to see if nething had happened, looking thru the bak window into the car, i noticed the dash was ripped out, tv gone etc etc, and they had tried to hotwire it and everything else possible but didnt succed.

It now wont start or anything, so im having to store it somewhere else now, til i can sort it.

Just glad its still here!

L

Iain
04-12-05, 01:20 PM
Tried to be stolen 3 times in one and a half weeks? Bloody hell. Hope you get it fixed up soon mate.

orange_andy
04-12-05, 01:32 PM
no offence but if it was only stood where it was because of a dead battery, it isnt your fault but you should have just got a new battery and got the car out of that area and back to your house if thats what happened

Ste_Nova
04-12-05, 01:57 PM
well they stole the battery from his house, so i assume it's parked outside it!

Dod
04-12-05, 03:11 PM
Best thing to do...

Invest in a Base Ball Bat and a few cans of Red Bull, Sit up and wait for them.... Then in actions rather than words show how you feel about them.

Nova_Houch7
04-12-05, 03:24 PM
yes its parked right outside my bedroom window basically at the side of my house, but i was at my dads the past few days. And yes good idea bout stayin up with a baseball bat and red bull redy to knock em out if i see them again.

The car has now been moved to a safer area which took a while to get on the bak of our trailer, but at least it gave me the day off work.

Now i gotta get sum1 to re wire the whole of under dash and fit a new dash i spose, so time for gsi one with digi dials i spose.....

Dod
04-12-05, 03:53 PM
Its still shit mate. Thieving fuccks need a good mangling IMO

Philsutton
04-12-05, 03:58 PM
im with dod on this one, the red bull will give the energy to mangle body parts when it comes to it. when you break off their stealing hand they wont be doing it again, they should take it as a hard learned lesson.

Nova_Houch7
04-12-05, 04:07 PM
yeh sounds good to me, if only i knew who it was tho....

Ste_Nova
04-12-05, 04:07 PM
The car has now been moved to a safer area which took a while to get on the bak of our trailer, but at least it gave me the day off work.

safer than outside your bedroom window....

is it on the road??

get a big light on the wall to light the car up when someone is there... connect it to your bedroom light too

Nova_Houch7
04-12-05, 04:09 PM
yeh.....a much safer place, locked up and out the way of theiving tw*ts !

lee 16v
04-12-05, 04:38 PM
its easy to say stay up all night but you need to no what night
try not to worry about it now its safe or you will go mad, i was looking out the window ever 2 sec because
my nova was outside my hode it was a standard gte it got
broken into 3 times in 3 weeks the 1st time they took my best cd's and some bits i got out of max power and red line like seatbelt pads and silly lights, so i emptied it left the shlf on the floor and the glove box open but they still wanted to brake into it silly twats. 1 of them got banged up he he he silly knob left some cd's from all the other cars he had bin arount that night.

sickrabbit
05-12-05, 09:00 AM
I,ve read this type of account too many times peeps - it aint funny . You can try to protect your vechile as much as possible , ie alarm gear stick / steering baton locks but I,ll wager theres some berk who,ll still chance his arm and try to nick your wheels by chance . I,ve got mine parked at the back of my home , under a security light and a cheap cctv camera . There is the option of fitting dummy cameras ( as long as it doesnt point into next doors property youre ok ) but both of these must also be backed up by warning signs . I had kids running around my car at night setting the alarm off too often , so up went the camera...they didnt notice it - the alarm kept going off - to be honest I reckon they were kicking the car and running off for a larf . When I later was told to legally cover myself with a sign ( doesnt matter if the cameras real or not either ) by a work mate I immediately got one via ebay. The sign sits just below the gutter on my home - and it works . People walking past their eyes are drawn to the sign - they then look for the cameras...I,ve watched em .The kids now just walk past -
. It was worth the ?40 for peace of mind. I reckon you could do it for ?20 tops with dummy cameras and a sign - who,d know the difference ??

Jules
05-12-05, 10:26 AM
Ipswich is a rough place these days..................lol

Anyway, want to buy my old GSi? MoT failure, needs some welding but if you don't/can't do that then you've got a full GSi kit, interior, engine/box and other bits n pieces.

studaman21
05-12-05, 05:54 PM
jesus boy well bad luck. where do you live? stoke park or whitton? i know ips is a bit rough but omg i only live down the road

Nova_Houch7
05-12-05, 06:25 PM
Nah i live on R'mere rd which aint rough at all, full of rich people and big ass houses...where you from, might have seen you around, good to see some1 else on novaload who is local. L

Jules
05-12-05, 11:58 PM
I live down by the old Tooks bakery on Old Norwich Rd, look out for a filthy M reg grey Corsa GSi on black 16"s - that'll be me.

If you want my old GSi then I'll let it go for just a few hundred pound as my old man is giving me ball ache to get it off his drive, sad to see it go but needs must at the end of the day.
It's got a Cat 1 approved top of the range Toad alarm/immobolizer, Snap Off quick release steering wheel, Corsa GSi suspension/brakes/wheels, Magnex backbox (and a full Powerflow stainless system in the garage if wanted), obviously full GSi interior and dash with electric windows/central locking etc, duel illuminated sunvisor mirrors from a Cav, full GSi front and rear bumper/grille/spoiler, alloy fuelcap (not a cheap plastic one) - I just wish I had the time to break it as it'd get me more money back.
:roll:

studaman21
06-12-05, 12:46 AM
sounds like an offer too good to resist there mate. i'm from felixstowe