PDA

View Full Version : Plastic SHITE?

Anonymous
14-03-01, 08:50 PM
what is the best way to remove the STUPID rubber tape that vaux used to hold on the plastic side trims and rear spoiler?

Thinkin bout using TNT but dont think it would do the paint much goot :-)

Cheers!
The Kevster

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
14-03-01, 11:02 PM
autoglym Tar and glue remover and a LOT of elbow greese. DO NOT listen to anyone who sez use thinners or similr, coz we all know that can take the paint OFF.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
14-03-01, 11:33 PM
use thinners

Anonymous
15-03-01, 09:33 AM
heat it up with a hair dryer or paint gun and then peel most of it off, the rest will come off with T-cut and elbow grease !

I AM INVINCABLE !!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:08 PM
Took me about 10 hours in all from stripping the rubber off to peeling the last buts of the glue under the tape off. Looks better t now though, I used hairdryer, t-cut and elbow. the hair dryer caused a few laughs as mates went by, but then they were in a mini so I win!

Phill Price
http://www.maxxed.co.uk
The Cruisers Hideout

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:09 PM
You can see the car in the features gallery. I'm Phill Price its my gazelle 5dr

Phill Price
http://www.maxxed.co.uk
The Cruisers Hideout

Anonymous
16-03-01, 01:32 AM
That's a long time!
It took me about an hour to remove the strips from both sides...and that was just using T-cut.
Perhaps they used better glue on the 5-door!

Anonymous
16-03-01, 01:58 AM
It took me about an horan & half to get about half of one door done. Now i cant be bothered to do the rest and it looks stupid!!! I have got to do it soon though cause its gettin sprayed and part of the deal is i get that crap of me self!

I used a haridryer but my fingers were getting burnt after a bit!

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
16-03-01, 04:22 PM
I used a heat gun to get teh shit off and the rubbed it down with a cloth and WHITE SPIRIT till it came off then give it a good T-cut. T-cut is ment to restore colour buy lifting the paint and turning it over. why would u use it to get the stuff off? correct me if i'm wrong, i'm not startin any thing that is what i just thought!!! :D

RobDmr@aol.com
Rob26@novaload.org.uk
Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!! even if my motor does sound like a fiesta at the mo!!!!!

Anonymous
16-03-01, 11:05 PM
T-cut has got fine abrasive particles, that act as a very fine sandpaper taking layer after layeer of paint off. Do it too much and you`ll loose your paint. Its good for gettin off marks left by stickers etc, as its gentle compared to other methods.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
17-03-01, 12:56 AM
I put plenty of T-cut on the glue, and left it for a few mins....it softened it, so it came off easier. I used a soft plastic scraper as well, which speeded things up.

Anonymous
17-03-01, 02:08 PM
i ripped it off by hand and sanded the crap left behind off. mind you i was respraying my car though
thinners will take the paint off. no doubt about it so dont use thinners if your not confindent cause you WILL go wrong. go with heat gun, make sure its real hot and itll peal right off with luck. then use t cut to blend paintwork so it looks nice and neat:D

Anonymous
19-03-01, 11:11 AM
I did it with a hair dryer it work perfectly