PDA

View Full Version : aerials hole.. help

novarobbo
02-12-05, 12:57 PM
hi, ive took off my aerial off the wing and now i need to fill the hole.. what do people put underneath the hole to stop the filler falling out.. or do people do them without the wings on the car?? im stuck..

probert_nova
02-12-05, 01:01 PM
best off welding a plate on and skimming with filler or even better you can buy new wings which usually don't have the aerial hole cut. only problem with new wings is the fitment can be shite if not gm but its not terrible.

Iain
02-12-05, 04:21 PM
Haynes/Max Power recommends heating the area and hammering it in a little. Then cut some metal to shape and weld (or glue if you can't weld) it in position in the hole before fillering. I bet you could use a coin or something if you can't be bothered to cut some metal?

Hope this helps.

novarobbo
02-12-05, 05:05 PM
rite i think i will have a little go at gluing abit of metal under there.. or would fiberglassbe better?? how would i get under the arch to get to the spot where it needs the metal.. ect

Iain
02-12-05, 06:33 PM
If you hammer it in a little bit you can probably glue in the metal from the top. Then you can do all the work while it's on the car. Otherwise, only way to get to the back is to remove the arch I believe.

probert_nova
02-12-05, 06:55 PM
i honestly wouldn't suggest glueing it, you'll probably just have to do it again when it cracks or receeds. if you carn't weld then best off using fibreglass. the wing comes off a peice of piss mate, no point messing about and getting fibreglass on ya paint. have you got any quotes off a bodyshop to get it done? may aswell pay the money to get it done properly the first time. some places would'nt charge much extra if you were having the wings sprayed by them too.

novarobbo
02-12-05, 09:36 PM
i honestly wouldn't suggest glueing it, you'll probably just have to do it again when it cracks or receeds. if you carn't weld then best off using fibreglass. the wing comes off a peice of p**s mate, no point messing about and getting fibreglass on ya paint. have you got any quotes off a bodyshop to get it done? may aswell pay the money to get it done properly the first time. some places would'nt charge much extra if you were having the wings sprayed by them too.

how does the wing come off do you undo/take out all the bolts from the top of the wing (under in the engine bay) and is there any other bolts ect holding it on?

probert_nova
02-12-05, 09:39 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=533916&highlight=#533916

novarobbo
02-12-05, 09:57 PM
seem's abit of a b*****d just to get rid of the aerial.. i think i might just buy a brand new one so it looks cool..

probert_nova
02-12-05, 10:01 PM
yeah would probably be easier, my sr (see profile) has new wings, had the indicator holes blanked up though. got themthrough the bodyshop though.

novarobbo
02-12-05, 10:08 PM
i wil get it done in the future but im only 16 at the moment and ive just started the vehicle body repair course at out local collage so in the future, when ive done this course everything will get sorted.. cheers anyway..

novalovingned
08-12-05, 12:18 AM
ur best bet is.................u know when u take off the wiper arm of the back boot u can get a stopper to plug the hole

weeeeeellllllllllllll
spray the stopper to the same colour of the car and plug it in This will save u a wad o work and money

novalovingned

novamadcars
08-12-05, 12:22 AM
ur best bet is.................u know when u take off the wiper arm of the back boot u can get a stopper to plug the hole

weeeeeellllllllllllll
spray the stopper to the same colour of the car and plug it in This will save u a wad o work and money

novalovingned

yes but personily i think that would look pants :o . Go for the fiberglass way if you cant weld mate