PDA

View Full Version : need help tech monkeys

DIY*VALVER84
02-12-05, 11:57 AM
right where to start.

had problem with car it would start but it ran like a chinese foo foo,so it was suggested that i check and clean up my idle control valve. its the 20xe from an astra mk2 gte.

anywayz i have done this and ive cleaned my plugs too.now the damn thing wont even start and i have triple checked ive put everything back as it should be.

i bought this car off sum1 as an unfinished project it was in and running fine so im guessing that it was wired up properly. it did have a fuel leak but ive fixed that now please sum 1 give me some advice cuz i really wanna get me nova on the road and piss some rs's off.hehe.

orange_andy
02-12-05, 12:29 PM
if its that much difficulty and problems take it to a garage

DIY*VALVER84
02-12-05, 12:44 PM
mate its nearly christmas....i have a mrs....who likes to shop....with my money! that means i am skint as a bone till atleast february cuz them january sales!!!the only way i can get her outta shoppin is to phone up all the shoppin centres and do a bomb scare or something mental like that.

somebody plz help me!!!

orange_andy
02-12-05, 01:07 PM
was wondering why there is so many bomb scares lately, nah but seriously pointless you spending your own time tryna figure something out you dont know, possible damaging the car more, get a garage to look at it, cost you like 20-40 tops to work out whats wrong with it, and save you like 3 months of crying wondering whats wrong

DIY*VALVER84
03-12-05, 12:58 AM
you may have a point there. but i wanted to try do it myself to increase me knowledge a bit cuz at the mo i know fook all bout vauxhall engines so its a bit of a struggle.if theres anyone nr birmingham that wants to come and get my nova valve running right there could be money in it for you.had a chat with the mrs earlia and she has agreed to let me spend my own money on the car lol. so money for services rendered lol.