PDA

View Full Version : Noisy blower motor

Adam
01-12-05, 07:58 PM
Just noticed this today.

My blower motor sounds like a bike wheel with a piece of card in the spokes,lol.

It only makes the noise if you hit a slight bump in the road, if the car is stopped it doesn't do the noise.

Any ideas what it could be?
I've had a look at the motor after a struggle to get the plastic rain cover off the bulkhead :roll: and cant see any leaves etc in the fan, so dont know whats making the noise.

:+:

pink_1200
01-12-05, 10:13 PM
are the rain covers broke at all, the plastic could bending in to the motor when you hit a bump making the buzzing sound

Adam
01-12-05, 11:33 PM
It does it even with the rain cover removed and me bouncing the car.lol

pink_1200
02-12-05, 01:47 PM
it will be somthing broke inside the motor then m8 probs

beanyboy1982
03-12-05, 10:01 AM
mine makes a funny squeel :x

Donova
03-12-05, 03:54 PM
mine was sqealing a bit, sprayed some wd40 on the spindle (right hand side) stopped it and runs faster :D

Adam
03-12-05, 05:56 PM
I took the cover off today, and got my dad spray some wd40 onto the spindle whilst i was inside the car, and got a face full of wd40 straight through th air vents :lol:

It hasn't fixed mine tho, the fan part of mine has a bit of free play( i can pull the fan a bit and it makes a click noise if you get me) I think thats whats making the noise.

So its a new blower time for me :(

Spudly
03-12-05, 06:16 PM
That will be the prob lol, the trick with lubin em is to spray the spindle an not get any on the fan itself otherwise it all goes thru to the box an the vents, they are esy enough to chang jus 2 8mm bolts one either side an they come out, jus sometimes the studs tend to snap off and thats a pain cos they part of the car!!!!

Riggy
03-12-05, 10:18 PM
yeah ad new blower time

just getting old a stuck :lol:

Adam
04-12-05, 12:00 AM
That will be the prob lol, the trick with lubin em is to spray the spindle an not get any on the fan itself otherwise it all goes thru to the box an the vents, they are esy enough to chang jus 2 8mm bolts one either side an they come out, jus sometimes the studs tend to snap off and thats a pain cos they part of the car!!!!
You dont have to touch the 8mm bolts mate,lol.

Just unclip the top cover off the fan, then unscrew the motor(two cross head screws) piece of p**s :lol:

Lol riggy, i would put up with the noisy old one till a find a replacement at a good price,lol.