PDA

View Full Version : Mega squirt

Philsutton
01-12-05, 07:12 PM
Right then you management boffins give me some info on mega squirt, heard stu talking about it a while ago but i didnt pay much attention lol. Im wanting to be running a fair amount of power from a c20let and wondered if anyone would like to give some advice or head me in the right direction. Also whats it like using with 4x4 system. Mega squirt is most desirable because it proper bo cheap.

clowo16v
01-12-05, 07:18 PM
Try www.msefi.com

I'm using it coupled with bike throttle bodies on the XE i'm building. My mate James runs it on his Cortina and its dead right.

See ya

Matt

Stuart
01-12-05, 08:22 PM
imho id not go for megasquirt on a let..... N/A yes, forced... NO. The maps simply arent high res enough for my liking

Philsutton
01-12-05, 08:27 PM
is that for all the versions of it as the later ones are suposed to be better? If not whats the next best to be going for, or shall i just say fuck management and ram 300bhp of N2O through it lol

Stuart
01-12-05, 08:32 PM
sbd16vastra on mig is running some kind of evo chips (cheapf you get copies) and nos to get about 300-400ish bhp via nos on a std internaled engine.

burgo
02-12-05, 12:19 AM
the maps are big enough ya pansie. as for what they are like fucking confusing at first but nice and easy once you get the hang of it. best thing to do is buy one and go from there as thats the best way to learn about it. i can sort you out with a base map as i have just done one for a 2l turbo 4x4 pushing about 400bhp

Mike
02-12-05, 06:48 AM
Excuse me for sounding stupid, but WTF is MegaSquirt? Im thinnking NOS or C20's cryogenic system?

Or is some form of lesbain film? :lol:

benji
02-12-05, 07:47 AM
phil, megasquirt will run that easily. if you go on the efi forum you will see some of the cars they are running in the us. some one has even fitted it to a rx8, yes thats a 8, a nearly new one. can't be that bad can it.

Rob-16v
02-12-05, 11:12 AM
How much will a megasquirt ecu cost? i was looking at emerald and thats ?550.

Philsutton
02-12-05, 11:18 AM
right then i shall have a good look on that forum, the mega squirt stuff is around the 200 mark i think but you have to make it yourself.

Stuart
02-12-05, 12:26 PM
i think it worked out to be about ?100 for the basic kit to start off with, but you have to add a few thigns here and there to get it working right etc

You jsut need to bear in mind that if you arent happy to map it yourself you might find it tricky finding a RR tuner thats happy to work with MS....

benji
02-12-05, 04:35 PM
phil. catch me on msm sometime and i will give you all the info i have amassed. and it's quite a lot. nobles in chesterfield can map it, but if you can get a wideband rig you can map it yourself. i have a phone number for a chap in the uk that can supply all the parts you need and can hire you a 02 sensor. he can supply kits or built up units.

benji
02-12-05, 04:39 PM
you want the MS'n'S-extra kit on a V3.0 board. you can use the vauxhall dis paic with this, but it is reccomended to get it running on a dizzy first to get the fuel to resonable tune before playing with the ignition map.

the above kit is ?165 in a kit, or ?210 builkt from the uk supplier, there are cheaper options avaliable but this is probably the best, you would also need a boost sensor, probably a extra tenner.