PDA

View Full Version : Beefing up the shell and fitting an XE

clowo16v
30-11-05, 07:55 PM
I am gettin rid of my Clio and i'm going to build a XE engined Nova next year. The engine is all planned out (basically a lightened and balanced 2 litre bottom end, head of my mates old grp N astra and GSXR 1000 throttle bodies) and I'm building myself an F20 as thats what I did before I went to uni. However, i'm not sure on how to strengthen the shell.

Can somebody please post a pic of a Harry Hockley plating kit and a general picture of where it all fits as my best mate works in a fabrication shop so I don't want to spent money unecessarily when I can get plates made for free.

Also where's the best place to get a cage? I want a 8 pointer with door bars if possible.

Apart from that should I seam all the rest of the shell up? I've built a few cars already (mainly hot rods but I can't get insured for them) so my welding and fabrication skills are up to scratch.

Enough questions for now.

Thanks

Matt

Mike
01-12-05, 03:19 PM
cage from demont tweeks, an OMP item about ?230.00 for 6 point mounting bolt in.

Harry hockley kit:

http://www.hh-ms.com/

Jobs a good 'un.

Mike

clowo16v
01-12-05, 06:28 PM
I'm not building the car till next spring mate but your prices sound good. You're also a damn sight nearer to me than HH. I'll keep you in mind.

See ya

Matt