PDA

View Full Version : Tinited windows

Anonymous
13-03-01, 07:37 AM
Hi guys i got a Mk1 sky blue nova merit 1.2 - and im thinking what if it had tinted windows - any one got any ideas on how to do it? and what would it look like - also what side skirts could i get fot my mk1? -that are so easy to fit a baby could do it B-)

Anonymous
13-03-01, 02:16 PM
tinted windows r easy, i did mine in the rain and made sure they were soaking, just dont try it when its windy! And side skirts - if ur keeping ur car looking standard, go for GTE skirts, but if ur gonna modify it totally, get somethin mad like Novadose or Abyss skirts, hope i've helped...

> :D FOR SALE :D <

http://iansnova.cjb.net
YellowNovaSR@aol.com

Anonymous
13-03-01, 02:21 PM
nice one ian - so i buy a tinted kit and get some gte side skirts - are they easy to fit it a mk 1 nova

Anonymous
14-03-01, 09:42 AM
Go to www.topbuzz.co.uk
They have a complete guide on how to fit them.
Hope this helps!

The Kevster

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
15-03-01, 05:35 PM
my m8 has da same colour car as u with tints and it looks tidy the only thing is the old bill mite be surious to see whos behind the tints and stop u.

Anonymous
16-03-01, 09:32 PM
How is it that you say tinting the windows is easy??? its a nightmare! did you manage to get the tinting sheet to go behind the rubber seal of the windows cos my failed attempt got it to go behind the windows and then the squeegie thing got the water out from underneath and cos it couldnt run out from the rubber seal it kept going back under the tinting stuff making huge bubbles! would it be better to leave a slight gap and just have a tiny gap say 5mm from the window surrounds... or would that look crap?

Anonymous
17-03-01, 01:17 AM
When I did it on a previous car, I left a slight gap at the edge, and it didn't look too bad.....don't make it any larger than 1mm though...that would look crap.

The best way, though it takes longer, is to remove the glass.