PDA

View Full Version : change of plans, guidance please.

x20xevnova
30-11-05, 05:25 PM
right im getting rid of the xev idea because ive been offered a mk3 cav 4x4 turbo with 40 thou for 500 quid because of the transfere box being fucked!!! anyways cav loom into nova sxi. hard? what else apart from the conversion kit and welding will i need to do?
cheers
bry

Ste L
30-11-05, 05:34 PM
only use the engine loom, not the car loom, same as wring in a xe basically

gonna be to convert the f26 for fwd,

x20xevnova
30-11-05, 08:21 PM
dont spose you have any idea of what that will be?
cheers for the reply.
bry

DIY*VALVER84
01-12-05, 12:29 AM
to convert the f28 gearbox to fwd you will need to buy the kit from LMF or similar type company.me thinks its just the plate etc but you should check first.all you need is the engine loom cuz the cav turbs came equipped with loadsa stuff that novas didnt,i.e 18 dead cows for an interior and more swithes n lights than a damn cockpit,lol.

Snowface
01-12-05, 10:02 AM
can't you use the F20 on the LET's?

DIY*VALVER84
01-12-05, 10:11 AM
im not too sure bout whether or not you can use the f20 but if you did wouldnt you want the proper diff thats in the f28? just a thought cuz if your gonna be running big power then i think ul need a shatterproof diff lol. a mate of mine has got a minters cav turbs n he said he's open to offers as he dnt use it no more cuz he working in egypt for 12mths. ne1?

Chris
01-12-05, 11:08 AM
yes you can use the F20 on the LET, although once tuned a bit they get mad and self-destruct (apparently), you need to swap teh LET flywheel and clutch for and XE flywheel and clutch. Advantages of 20 rather than 28 is that they are lighter, and much cheaper when they go wrong. Or if you are serious about power but not weight you can go for the quaife straight cut box, this will take abuse but costs

Chris

x20xevnova
03-12-05, 01:30 PM
ermm the numbers after the letter are for a tenth of the torque of the car. im keeping the f28 cas its 6 speed and i was lookin at an l.s.d. in courtenay for 585 quid, dear. just gonna get the c20let conversion which comes with the fwd converter amd f28 mount. getting an after market clutch and flywheel. what wiring do i need to grab outta this cav though?