PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge confusion!!

Blackie
30-11-05, 12:09 AM
Right, i have just recieved a set of 1.4sr mark two clocks from an ebay'er, just tried fitting them only to see the fuel gauge go of the scale!!

Is the fuel sender different on the 1.4 sr??

Also, im asuming that the green wire for the rev counter is hidden in the dash loom somewhere, am i correct??

Marsden
30-11-05, 05:39 PM
hi mate i had the same problem.....
this should sort you out ..........
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116650&highlight=

Blackie
30-11-05, 06:03 PM
Cheers very much big fella!! What did you do about the rev counter mate??

Marsden
30-11-05, 06:45 PM
on mine 92 k plate it just works straight off when you plug in that block, no need to do anything. you will notice on your standerd instruments there is one less connector in that hole were the plug goes and on the new one there will be one. so just plug it in and it should work straight away.

bump
30-11-05, 08:47 PM
glad to see that someone found that old post. if your rev counter doesn't work straight off then check the green wire is attached to your coil.

Blackie
30-11-05, 10:47 PM
the green wire isnt even on the connector block for the clocks mate, but i think i can see one on the main loom behind the clocks tho?? failing that cud i run one off the coil direct to the clocks??

It wud be off the - ve side terminal, wudnt it??

bump
01-12-05, 11:31 AM
yes you can run a wire direct from the coil to the rev counter. i believe that i's the positive side. there should be a free spade end to attach it to. i'll post some pics in a bit.

bump

bump
01-12-05, 12:10 PM
here's where it needs to go.

http://www.bumpmed.f2s.com/coil.jpg

bump

Blackie
02-12-05, 01:11 AM
Nah dont have a green wire comin from the coil at all mate. Also i fitted that wee resistor doo-dah to the fuel gauge on the SR clocks, and altho it aint as bad its still of the gauge. I have a full tank at the mo and the needle is rising maybe another 3-4mm passed the full line on the sr gauge.

Without the resistor the needle goes round as far as it physically can!!
Any ideas??

bump
02-12-05, 02:31 PM
there can be some variation as to the guage coils themselves.
my std clocks red slightly high but my sr ones read spot on. ie top of gauge when a full tank. after that it's just vaux eqiupment readings.

humn, thats the green wire that you need. it should also feed to your dizzy. have yo got a free plug for it on your coil?

pics may help.

bump