PDA

View Full Version : no hot air please help

novatrix
28-11-05, 03:30 PM
its not my nova but my astra gsi that will not blow any hot air its only luke warm ive changed thermostat heater matrix and made sure that all hoses are not bloked. please help as this is doing my head in.

many thanx Rikki

mowgli
28-11-05, 08:45 PM
make sure you bleed all of the air out of the system (Haynes book is pretty good for advice)
If you keep getting air in the water then it is a blown head gasket
check all of the control cables, maybe one is out of adjustment, also the heater valve could be broken stopping the water getting into the heater.

novatrix
29-11-05, 12:59 PM
thanx the head gasket is ok and ive blead the water system. its confusing because the two water hoses going to the heater matrix get very hot . could that be the heater valve if so any idea where to find that because haynes dont.
thanx Rikki

craig green
30-11-05, 07:39 PM
Its probably similar to that in a Nova;

Situated above the matrix is a metal flap. This directs air from the fresh air intake either: Away from the matrix & into the air ducting & out the vents or, through the matrix where it heats up & out through the vents.
On a Nova its cable operated & is controlled by the L/hand dial (red & blue) indications. you can usually manually move it by hand if its screwed.

Hope that helps, otherwise I'm stumped. CG