PDA

View Full Version : FAO Halfords employeeees

Stuart
28-11-05, 10:32 AM
Right eo then.

about 2-3 months ago i purchased a std Halfords battery fora 106, today it boiled over... Can i take it back and get a new one under the 3yr warranty?

also do i "need" the recipt?

Will F
28-11-05, 10:37 AM
Yes and no.

You fag.

starkmotorsport
I dont work in Halfords, but as a customer its your right to recieve vouchers for the value of the item damaged if you cannot produce a receipt.

Either that or a direct replacement

starkmotorsport
I dont work in Halfords, but as a customer its your right to recieve vouchers for the value of the item damaged if you cannot produce a receipt.

Either that or a direct replacement

sickrabbit
28-11-05, 11:18 AM
How did you pay for it - if its plastic transaction , there shouldnt be any problem .
If you paid cash ( and I assume you dont have the reciept of sale ) I,d be as nice as pie , ask to see the manager ( SOME shop floor workers just arent worth the hassel ) and explain the situation . If he / she gets difficult use these words ( very calmly and politely ) and these words only " I,m sorry this battery is not fit for pourpose please replace it" .Its a statutory legal term that opens up tins of worms with ease . If this doesnt cut it , the Citizens Advice is your next venture.

Good luck.

Stuart
28-11-05, 11:30 AM
im 99% sure i paid by plastic as i never carry much more than?20 in cash one me lol.

ill see if ive got the recipt at home, but ill be taking the battery back tonite (provided its calmed down a bit)

probert_nova
28-11-05, 12:22 PM
i bought a battery from halfords a couple of days ago, they gave me a little peice of paper with the date and battery name, they said that was my guarentee.it weren't the receipt though as i had that too.

dunova
28-11-05, 01:00 PM
I work part time at halfrauds. No receipt=exchange but no refund. If you had the receipt for the battery (and you paid by card), but no card receipt, then we cant refund you either.

Why did you buy a battery from halfords when you can get them a lot cheaper elsewhere?

Stuart
28-11-05, 02:02 PM
needed one asap :P and not alot of motorfactors are open after 7pm... and anyway hellfrauds are cheaper than most localish motorfactors for batteries

dont care about not getting a refund tbh, i just want a new battery lol

probert_nova
28-11-05, 02:55 PM
needed one asap :P and not alot of motorfactors are open after 7pm...

lol. thats the reason i got one from halfrauds. my alternator wasn't working so once the new one was fitted i still didn't have enough charge to get home in the dark and it was about 7:30 by then, halfrauds robbed me the nicely sum of ?40 :x was rather bitter about handing over the money when i just payed ?22 for one a couple of days ago my local factors.

Lee
28-11-05, 04:55 PM
Jesus Stu, not very good at keeping your liquids in are you HO HO HO HO HO

Stuart
29-11-05, 07:35 AM
:p ladyboy

got it swapped last nite (the battery tester said 13.5V and 17Amps lol slightly fooked) They didnt seem keen at first to exchange with no recipt but they eventually came round to my thinking. And its true to say they were f**kwits!!! i took it in wearing a rubber glove (kinky) as there was acid all over it and i got bored of the annoying tingle and nasty taste, so they maul it bare handed lmao

SPipower
29-11-05, 10:33 AM
I have worked in hallfrauds for two years and if you dont have the recipt or any documentation then the management can be real PRI)KS if there is a good reason for something not working like ur battery then without a doubt they should give in if all else fails just say these things

solicitor
legal advice
report to trading standards

from my experiance to see a very arguementative manager who wont give in to turn to putty in the customers hand is very funny!! :lol:

Stuart
29-11-05, 10:35 AM
as said, i got it swapped :D

SPipower
29-11-05, 10:39 AM
there a bunch of monkeys in halfords glad im quitting, gonna loose discount for parts though! :(

Jack
29-11-05, 05:29 PM
there a bunch of monkeys in halfords glad im quitting, gonna loose discount for parts though! :(
Judging by your location, did you work in the Wells halfrauds? Think a mate of mine used to work there, Jim... short hairy stoned guy lmao

sickrabbit
29-11-05, 05:49 PM
My kid brother brought an mtb from the Dedford halfrauds a few years back . The headset just wouldnt stay tight so after a couple of days this bike was returned . The cycle mechanic said it wasnt a problem and tightened the headset so much you couldnt turn the bars . This is what really killed us tho - he said it,d wear in , and was supposed to be like that !! Bless im , lol. The manager just told him to go tidy some shelves and gave my brother a far better bike . :)

Some beggar nicked it a few months later. :|

There - thats todays usless piece of information from the rabbit......

Ste_Nova
29-11-05, 06:38 PM
i tryed to replace a part out of my tool kit... with no reciptm i was told no by a monkey.... so shouted get me the "fucking manager" he was there 30 seconds later... the part was swapped in less than 2 mins :lol: