PDA

View Full Version : starting hill climbing

jedi
27-11-05, 05:57 PM
i am interested in starting hill climbing.
does anyone know any information or any web sites i could go on :?:

NovaBen
27-11-05, 06:14 PM
Best thing to do is to join your local motor club and they will be able to advise you from there! Try www.aswmc.org.uk

Ben 8)

Dod
27-11-05, 06:15 PM
Not off the top of my head but its ment to be the best motorsport aside from Karting to start i. I'm being told thats what i should be doing with my Nova.

jedi
27-11-05, 06:19 PM
ok thanks :D

CP
27-11-05, 07:05 PM
I considered doing this. There are quite a few courses about. Most are short twisty narrow affairs usually at stately homes or similar. I was put off by the fact that its quite expensive and you tend not to get much track time seeing as your "practising and track familiarisation" takes place on foot! Then its a case of a couple or so runs flat out to do the best you can and thats that - short but sweet!
I opted for track days cos at the time it was relatively cheap and easy plus a LOT more track time for your money. But you dont get the buzz of competition.

If you are gonna do it in a Nova I was told stick with a std 1.4 block (scrutineering will want evidence that it is) and that will mean you are in the upto 1400 category. You will still need to be fcuk light and very powerful to compete with stuff like mini's which kill everyone off the line. If you transplant any engine bigger than a 1.4 in you will be put in the 1400 -2000 category which is extremely competitive.

Try looking up the Curborough Hill Climb website. Best to go along and see what the crack is

Dod
27-11-05, 09:11 PM
This is True, 1400 Engine transplants in Minis and the acailability of shed loads of Carbon and Fibreglass Body panels mean that its light, fast and being a Mini, great in the corners.
Strip out everything, Dash, some people even remove their lights!!! Remember, practice makes perfect.

Ben
27-11-05, 10:46 PM
Gurston is another site to look for...