PDA

View Full Version : not a nova question sorry!

Marsden
27-11-05, 04:12 PM
the thing is my brother has got a 1.4 corsa c twinport 04 plate and he was wondering if he could put the cams out of a 1.6 sport corsa b into his, like you can put sr cams in a 1.4 nova and so on. also would he gain much or anything for that matter????

any infomation would be graitfull

thanks ben

S_Gault
27-11-05, 04:20 PM
you would gain nothing, but you can gain a bit if you retime them as they have practically no lift on overlap on the std timing marks.

but.... you run into the problem of having the cam sensor and crnak sensor out of alignment

Marsden
27-11-05, 04:23 PM
so not worth the effort then? is there anything like that you could recommend for a little more power? so far its straight through exhaust and pipercross induction kit, but what else can he do to improve the performance with out it costing a fortune?

thanks ben

dunova
27-11-05, 04:23 PM
Not being funny, but you're unlikely to get a usefull answer about this on here! Migweb may be more helpfull.

Personally i would say no, but then this 'twin port' thing baffels me. Does it mean it has twin inlet/exhaust ports? So maybe its a 12v? Or a fancier way of saying 16v? Either way, i highly doubt the 1.6 cams will fit and even if they physically fit, i doubt it would run properly. All presumptions, but may give you some kind of help.........

dunova
27-11-05, 04:24 PM
Ahh, way too slow lol

Steve, what exactly does the twin port thing mean? Always puzzled me............

Marsden
27-11-05, 04:25 PM
i think the twinport thing is twin inletts on the manifold, and it is a 16v

Philsutton
27-11-05, 05:20 PM
Either way, i highly doubt the 1.6 cams will fit and even if they physically fit, i doubt it would run properly. All presumptions, but may give you some kind of help.........

im with him on that one, i have a feeling the engines are completely different and nothing like the old GSi engine. Not seen the 1.4 in corsa c form but if its like the others then it will be different i reckon?

mikey14sr
28-11-05, 07:29 PM
Twin port refers to having two different inlet tracts built into one manifold, the tract in use is determined by engine load and revs, controlled by some electronically operated butterflys from the look of it.
something along the lines of a mantzel powerbox conversion would probably be the best way to gaining some power, maybe at the loss of some drivability, and the ecu would need serious re-programming.

Marsden
28-11-05, 07:35 PM
thanks for your advice mikey, do you have a kind of rough price and what power gain my brother would be looking at?

thanks ben