PDA

View Full Version : XE R1 conversion!!

Spudly
27-11-05, 01:50 PM
Howdo peeps, was wonderin if you could help, been offered a custom manifold to fit me XE and a bank of re-jetted R1 carbs, im definately gettin em but im told i also need a different fuel pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to make it all work (oh he has a dizzy to fit it too cos i no u need the non ECU one) where should i be lookin an what should i be lookin for???

Any help will be much appreciated and anything else i might need cheers peeps!!!

Philsutton
27-11-05, 02:05 PM
yes you need a different fuel pump red facet one or what ever they are and a fuel regulator, this is due to carbs need less fuel pressure than injection.
I used a cav 1.6 carb dizzy an coil an loom on mine and it ran alright, but to get the best you should realy be going for management.

Spudly
27-11-05, 02:12 PM
Erm forgive me for being stupid but how can you run management with carbs????

Stuart
27-11-05, 02:20 PM
you have an ign only management. thats how

Spudly
27-11-05, 02:24 PM
So how does that work then an wot should i be doin to get that done then???

Times like this make me realise i no jack shit bout cars really sorry if im doin your heads in guys

Stuart
27-11-05, 03:31 PM
you hand over about ?400 minimum to a company that makes aftermarket mappable ign only management and then get it setup and base map on, then take it to an RR who can then map your ign for you at further cost.......

not so quick/easy/cheap if you dont know what your doing.
Get the dizzy as phil suggests

Spudly
27-11-05, 04:36 PM
Aye will do peeps its gonna be a winter project so im takin me time over it, she goin to sleep for a few months i reckon lol cheers for the help ppl!!!