PDA

View Full Version : Dashless...no not opposite dashing

Jon_nova1
27-11-05, 12:22 AM
heres my super master, its me thinking of it..so it'll probably fail misserably (see i can't even spell it right :roll: )

After taking of none essential parts...heating and fancy buttons, i want to fill the holes and also spray it, i think its the GSI interior, its cheap leather effect stuff with spongey stuff underneath, willl it be legal if i drive around...dashless :D while i do the work, also would you advise either, filling the holes and sanding the whole dash so its not got the leather effect line stuff, or fill the holes, sand the whole dash and put filler on all of it then finely sand it?

Stuart
27-11-05, 07:42 AM
lots of people have no dash and its fine.

Dan
27-11-05, 12:09 PM
here's a pic of my 'dash' lol, no probs at all driving around like it, mot no probs etc etc etc. just make sure you have a switch panel fitted for things like the fog light/headlight switches etc etc

http://www2.novaload.net/files/dan/newcar/clean/cabinfront.jpg

Jon_nova1
27-11-05, 12:29 PM
:o i love your dash, don't think i could do that though, is it noisy? :lol:

any ideas on the filling part of it? or should i go to styling? :?

Jack
27-11-05, 01:24 PM
As long as you have all the important switches and dials present I'd have thought you should be fine. Although can't see anything in the MOT guide about the dash...

Are there any regulations about what dials you must have?

Dan
27-11-05, 01:29 PM
as long as the essential ones are present thats all thats needed, trust me i had mine on the road for 18months and had no hassles at any point

Stuart
27-11-05, 01:30 PM
didnt you get an advisory for the "hi beam" light being missing? lol

Dan
27-11-05, 01:34 PM
yeh but that was an essential i had been lazy about, still not bad as was aware of it and only thing to slow down the signing of mot certificate, 5 minutes and was sorted

Jon_nova1
27-11-05, 01:39 PM
:lol: no one got helpful hints about filling and spraying the leather effect GTE?? stuff?

beavy69
28-11-05, 10:51 PM
Hey Dan do you beep your horn in that car (above) by tapping the cable end against the metal of the steering wheel or is somthing missing?

Dan
29-11-05, 12:05 AM
the horn isnt on the steering coloumn, its on a push button elsewhere (please, give me some credit lol)

ade
29-11-05, 12:07 AM
ref filling the leather effet - see post in styling...

Dan - thats dash is quality! Minimalist to the n'th degree!

And as for noise - its probably quieter - nowt to make all them rattling noises!

:lol: