PDA

View Full Version : white smoke

mad-driver
26-11-05, 09:44 AM
my car just decided to blow loads of white smoke out the exhaust. When driving it earlier i could hear a water like noise from the engine, and now its emptied the contents of the expansion tank into the engine i think.

i take it this is the head gasket? could it also do this is the head was warped or not skimmed right?

:cry: :evil:

Donova
26-11-05, 11:05 AM
yeah, I would say definitely the head gasket, check the head and block before putting a new gasket on. good luck! :roll:

Blackie
26-11-05, 11:09 AM
Defo the head gasket mate!! U'll also probably find lovely mayo on the oil cap too!!ud be best to get the head away and get it pressure tested to ensure there are no cracks in it!!

Best of luck with it fella!!

mad-driver
26-11-05, 03:39 PM
been done now, was the gasket, ripped it to shreds lol and completed fucked a plug blew it to bits! :o

All done now but still blowing a bit of smoke, im told it will calm down when iv done a few miles though

touch some wood for me everyone

Adam
26-11-05, 03:52 PM
Would of been best to have the head skimmed before putting the new gasket on.

Do you have that 1300 head on now?
It might have blown the gasket because of that head not being perfectly flat.

mad-driver
27-11-05, 11:36 AM
well Ad, the guys skimmed it and said it was perfect b4 it went on, and then it blew a plug so he said it could have been the high compression, because it was extremely different to with the 1400 head on. anyway its sorted he just said give it about 100 miles to bed in again and just take it easy

was f**cking quick though before it went pop lol, twin carbs please! :lol:

Blackie
27-11-05, 11:39 AM
Just be sure and be gentle wi her til she is run in mate!!