25-11-05, 10:06 PM
No, not Mr Miyagi.....

Kinky Monza
25-11-05, 11:19 PM
devastating innit

{weeping}

scott.parker
26-11-05, 12:06 AM
Well i see where your coming from jack,the guy made you (when you wer a small kid) belive in the role he played and touches you etc.

But for me the sad news is george best dieing,im no football fan,but the guy was just a legend with no near his greatness.

Kinky Monza
26-11-05, 12:09 AM
very true he is/was a legend but he drank himself to death makes you wonder what the real reason for his drinking was

Jack
26-11-05, 12:17 AM
Fcuk Best, he had it all and threw it away. Silly man. Mr miyagi is far more a legend than him.

RAZORJACK SAN... excuse me whilst i practice my wax on wax off

Kinky Monza
26-11-05, 12:20 AM
lol wtf are you on uncle jack :?:

Jack
26-11-05, 12:22 AM
too much beer. hmm, fried breakfast tomorrow i think :D

Kinky Monza
26-11-05, 12:26 AM
good idea that am bit pished at mo need sleep but sooooooooooo
boring on own
big brekkie an a pint of lager

Stuart
26-11-05, 07:36 AM
jack has a point, 2 legendary people have died in the past 24 hours and they are mr myaggi and richard burns...

best well i simply dont give a toss, he "murdered" himself so thats just a cowardly way out imo.

mad-driver
26-11-05, 10:14 AM
ah noo :( i love the karate kid films, very sad to hear that

Chris
26-11-05, 10:41 AM
I agree with Jack and Stu on this one I'm afraid. his own fault, sorry

Chris

sickrabbit
26-11-05, 10:56 AM
So another famous actor passes away ...I think its only right if youre out tonight to toast him with a little Nip of youre favourite tipple . :|

Jack
26-11-05, 11:11 AM
best well i simply dont give a toss, he "murdered" himself so thats just a cowardly way out imo.
True, he was given a number of chances to sort himself out but didn't.

Kinky Monza
26-11-05, 11:13 AM
unkle jack is a tea leaf :lol:

srs1
26-11-05, 01:14 PM
i wonder if they are going to take bests kidney back off him.

i do agree too, he did do himself in. and its not like he wasn't given the chances too. i mean look at his ex wife. alex, if that weren't a good enough reason to want to stay alive i dont know what was.

sad sad day about richard burns thou.

mr mayagi, this is also a shame, but at 75 he had a good innings.

Jack
26-11-05, 01:17 PM
75 is pretty good, according to imdb he was still working on movies even at the time of his death :(

Burns thread:
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118491

So thats two great people that have died, and yet the media is still all over George Best...

Philsutton
27-11-05, 05:52 PM
So thats two great people that have died, and yet the media is still all over George Best...

i know they are making him out to be some kind of god, i wouldnt be p*ssed off if he hadnt taken an organ that some dieing kid could have had. Yet because he was famous he got an he still drank, harsh bu he should have died first time round as he didnt deserve the chance he got and someone else could have made better use out of it.

Kinky Monza
27-11-05, 07:01 PM
hear hear
well said phil

Lee
27-11-05, 09:02 PM

i know they are making him out to be some kind of god, i wouldnt be p*ssed off if he hadnt taken an organ that some dieing kid could have had. Yet because he was famous he got an he still drank, harsh bu he should have died first time round as he didnt deserve the chance he got and someone else could have made better use out of it.

I totally agree also, apart from one small thing and that is that Besty was a very unusual blood group, so no one else could have made any use of it, but the principal is still the same. Fair play to him if he cleaned himself up after the op, but he knew he would cop it if he carried on drinking after the transplant, so it was suicide, no matter what 'demons' he was suffering.

Another thing that does piss me off in general, is why these people have such praise bestowed upon them AFTER they kick the bucket. Look at Diana for instance. No one was really that bothered about what good work she did, but when she died, suddenly everyone missed her terribly!!

Why cant the press praise these people while theyre still alive to appreciate it?

Dod
27-11-05, 09:44 PM
Utter Bollox, Best had a horrible disease. He had implants to stop him drinking and he still couldn't stop. Ok, maybe him starting the drinking was the beginning but its a very slippery slope and i honestly believe that if this disease had have been cought at the early stages like all other diseases, he may have been cured.

Kinky Monza
27-11-05, 09:50 PM
put yourself in this position
your kid/family member needs a transplant but the hospital would rather give it to someone who abuses their body i.e alcoholism
and your kid/family member is still waiting say three months later when the person who had the transplkant dies
what would you say then

am nearly pished again :lol: 8)

Dod
27-11-05, 09:59 PM
Its gonna be the same for anyone. You think he should be just left to Die?

Kinky Monza
27-11-05, 10:04 PM
i think a more deserving person should have had the help
kids are the next generation
he did do it to himself tho

Dod
27-11-05, 10:10 PM
And i'm sure that all Transplants are done in order of Priority.

Lee
27-11-05, 10:15 PM
Utter Bollox, Best had a horrible disease. He had implants to stop him drinking and he still couldn't stop. Ok, maybe him starting the drinking was the beginning but its a very slippery slope and i honestly believe that if this disease had have been cought at the early stages like all other diseases, he may have been cured.

Well your entitled to your opinion, but i rekon its purely down to willpower. Alcoholism isnt a disease, its an addiction, and he knew that if he didnt stop drinking he would die. You cant say the same thing for Aids, for example. You dont have a 'choice' wether the bastard thing kills you or not. It just kills you. Im a smoker, Id love to give up, but i have no will power whatsoever, and if i die of lung cancer, it will be nobodys fault but my own. I totally agree with you that no one should be left to die, and he SHOULD have had the transplant. I think the grey area comes up when you have to give someone another one, after theyve killed the second chance they were given.

And as for the donered organ, like I said, he didnt make anyone miss out, he was a very rare blood group, and no one else was in line for it.

Kinky Monza
27-11-05, 10:15 PM
quite possibly not true if you've money then thats the priority
which is shat but i think someone like best could have gone anywhere in the world for the op but had it in the uk when some kid on the nhs waiting list could of had it
just think its wrong

Dod
27-11-05, 10:18 PM
Well, i dunno.
As said an opinion is just that and IMO He died from a Disease and in Yours Self Inflicted. Nuff Said.

Aye and Mr Miagi kicked the bucket.....

Kinky Monza
27-11-05, 10:20 PM
already know mate but he died of natural causes not from drinking too much :cry:

Lee
27-11-05, 10:23 PM
Well, i dunno.
As said an opinion is just that and IMO He died from a Disease and in Yours Self Inflicted. Nuff Said.

Aye and Mr Miagi kicked the bucket.....

:wink: nuff said mate. The guy im mourning for is Mr Burnes. A great loss to british motorsport

Dod
27-11-05, 10:25 PM
True that.

RIP Richard.

Kinky Monza
27-11-05, 10:31 PM
richard burns was better looking and not an alcoholic

she says :lol:

Jack
27-11-05, 10:53 PM
Another thing that does p**s me off in general, is why these people have such praise bestowed upon them AFTER they kick the bucket. Look at Diana for instance. No one was really that bothered about what good work she did, but when she died, suddenly everyone missed her terribly!!
Thats the exact thing I've been saying since her death. If she was such a great person, why did the media give her such a hard time when she was alive? If she was the "people's princess" why is it every single person I know couldn't give a toss about her?