PDA

View Full Version : Nova GSI Wings - Bolt on or Welded?

tom_dot_com
25-11-05, 12:03 AM
Soon to be gettin my new project a nova gsi, Havnt had a nova for a while now, and have never had to take a wing off before but this one needs a new one, does anyone know whether the wings are bolt on or welded? Also (if they are bolted) an explanation of exactly where and how they are fitted would be useful. Just so I know what I'm gettin maself into and what ill expect to have on the old car and the new wing.

Cheers
Tom

probert_nova
25-11-05, 12:17 AM
all bolts mate,right, obviously take ya front bumper off. iirc theres one on the front valance and also one behind. then all the bolts under the bonnet. then theres two or more sneaky little bastrds which have to be undone inside the car, in the footwell take off the plastic cover by the door, might be some sound deadening, take that out and you can see them, carefull not to drop ya socket when doing them, else they'll go into the sill and you won't get them out. last one is at the bottom of the arch where it meets the sill on the outside.

lee 16v
25-11-05, 12:18 AM
easy m8 my mum could do take the bumper off then there is 2 10mm under there u will need to look under the car 1 under the skert 2 inside the car u will need 2 take the shelf out and the bit that holds it up then about 8 under the bonnet

hope this helps

Rob-16v
25-11-05, 12:21 AM
Bolt on as far as i can remember. pop the bonnet, on top of the wing theres loads of bolts,10 mm i think,remove the front bumper, there one bolt near wer the end of the grille is below the headlight.thant make sence? then under the wing directly infront of the wheel/tyre,the 2 bolts putting the wing and the front panal together
then theres 2 more inside the car in the foot well behind the plastics.

Please correct me if in wrong

Rob.

tom_dot_com
25-11-05, 12:33 AM
thanks guys, this site rocks

craig green
25-11-05, 04:07 PM
Plenty of adhesive along top edges too!

CG

Stuart
25-11-05, 05:18 PM
ive not "bonded" mine back on at the top. meh CBA unless someone comes up with a really good reason to add weight to the car...

Mike.
25-11-05, 08:50 PM
Plenty of adhesive along top edges too!

CG

i never did that :lol: , ahh well as stu said too much weight lol.

Jon_nova1
26-11-05, 12:23 AM
Makes it look crappy if its bonded too, abit like gasket edges flopping out covered in oil

Will
26-11-05, 12:09 PM
Bolt on as far as i can remember. pop the bonnet, on top of the wing theres loads of bolts,10 mm i think,remove the front bumper, there one bolt near wer the end of the grille is below the headlight.thant make sence? then under the wing directly infront of the wheel/tyre,the 2 bolts putting the wing and the front panal together
then theres 2 more inside the car in the foot well behind the plastics.

Please correct me if in wrong

Rob.

someone has been removing wings recently :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

including myself ;)

yes luckily novas are like lego so everything bolts together. the wings are not welded :) i was very annoyed when we went to swap a wing on a mates fiesta and it was welded, painful!