PDA

View Full Version : Driving issues

leebo
24-11-05, 11:11 PM
hey, im puttin a wee project together and was looking to know peoples experances on the best combanations of suspension, wheels, tyers, anti roll bars, camber etc you know what i mean, want to do what i can to help her. cheers lee

Jack
24-11-05, 11:19 PM
Depends what you want it for, and what your budget is. Are we talking hundreds, thousands, more? Is the car for everyday use full of mates, or a stripped out track only monster?

leebo
24-11-05, 11:24 PM
it will be used every day but dont entend in fillin it with people only when i have to if you know what i mean. well as for money im willin to spend a few hundered on it. spending money everywhere else. cheers

burgo
24-11-05, 11:30 PM
coilovers, ditch front anti roll bar, try and get some eccentric top mounts, as for wheels 15's with as good a rubber as you can afford

Gunzi
25-11-05, 01:22 PM
I'd recommend Bilstein Yellow dampers and Eibach Springs a top notch set up, its cheaper setup than coilovers if you're budget doesn't extend that far.

I agree about the rubber on the 15's, and go for 195/45 profile too, costs more than 195/50 but worth it!

leebo
25-11-05, 03:32 PM
i will prob put on 16s to keep a bit of a the look to the car but not bog it down completely. you know what i mean. what about the camber?how dose it affect the car or would i even worry about it?

Iain
25-11-05, 06:30 PM
I'd recommend Bilstein Yellow dampers and Eibach Springs a top notch set up, its cheaper setup than coilovers if you're budget doesn't extend that far.

How much would a setup like that cost? Got any links to recommended products?