PDA

View Full Version : first ride in an xe

womble sri
24-11-05, 07:55 PM
i took my friend to pick up his xe nova yesterday its in a j reg sr shell and it has coutney cams running 171bhp! when he took me in it i nearly shat my self i never thought it would be that fast it just torque steers all over the road cant even belive there allowed on the road still cant wait till i can insure one lol!

Stuart
24-11-05, 08:14 PM
bring it down to ware and ill have a play in it lol

srs1
24-11-05, 08:19 PM
xe's are slow and boring.

and dont bother dreaming about insuring an xe either. looking at the picture you have up, you are obviously proud of it.

like it or not, it gives everyone the impression you either.

a. cant drive very well
b. are an idiot when driving.

so do us all a favour and dont get an xe'd nove. some people want to live.

Martin
24-11-05, 10:13 PM
some ppl want novas to live too :lol:

Snowface
24-11-05, 10:25 PM
DO get an XE but make it a 1600 flavour (or a 1200 flavour if its too much for you to handle).

womble sri
24-11-05, 11:06 PM
that was my first car and i didnt really know how to drivebut i have a bit more experience now and dont drive like an idiot. obviously you need to respect an xe i was just saying i didnt imagine it to be that fast.

Lee H
25-11-05, 09:09 AM
If you think XE Nova's are quick should go out in a tuned LET one :o

Don't think standardish XE Novas are all that to be honest but thats just personal opinion.

Philsutton
25-11-05, 10:38 AM
xe novas are fast but after a while you get used to it an it all gets boring an you want more.

craig green
25-11-05, 03:44 PM
xe novas are fast but after a while you get used to it an it all gets boring an you want more.

I think thay are a bit RAW & not quick enuff for all the noise they make.

Gimme a small block turbo anyday!!

Rexy
25-11-05, 06:21 PM
Pahh you all need 1.0l's...

SRimon
26-11-05, 11:34 AM

Couldn't agree more, im bored of mine now :lol:

Adam Moran
26-11-05, 06:08 PM
interesting...

I dont think i'll be board of mine some how lol

Adam
26-11-05, 08:12 PM
interesting...

I dont think i'll be board of mine some how lol
LOL.
Its not going to be a standard 150bhp jobbie tho is it :wink:

TUBZGSXR
27-11-05, 10:27 AM
i took my friend to pick up his xe nova yesterday its in a j reg sr shell and it has coutney cams running 171bhp! when he took me in it i nearly shat my self i never thought it would be that fast it just torque steers all over the road cant even belive there allowed on the road still cant wait till i can insure one lol!
Hi aint posted in about a year but saw this an yea that valver used to be mine! spam came over the other nite an i took it out again, just as lairy, but torque steers like crazy, needs better suspension i think, as wots on it now is wot i got it with, wich was frankly shite, cambers probly knocked out as well do to the TSteer, think he was goin over to N Birds to get it looked at....
ah the memorys, want another one now, need to get my car licence bk first though, riding superbike all summer aint bin bad though :twisted: scary this time of yr though....
T

NickWalliams
27-11-05, 10:46 AM
How can you possibly get bored of 150bhp+ in a nova???

I got used to the power in mine but still loved drivin it!

TUBZGSXR
27-11-05, 10:53 AM

ur car looks mint mate, just how they should be, no loopy kits, just subtle classy looks, an noiseu balls out power, i WANT ANOTHER :(
T

womble sri
27-11-05, 01:11 PM
Hi aint posted in about a year but saw this an yea that valver used to be mine! spam came over the other nite an i took it out again, just as lairy, but torque steers like crazy, needs better suspension i think, as wots on it now is wot i got it with, wich was frankly s**t, cambers probly knocked out as well do to the TSteer, think he was goin over to N Birds to get it looked at....
ah the memorys, want another one now, need to get my car licence bk first though, riding superbike all summer aint bin bad though :twisted: scary this time of yr though....
T

yeah its silly defo needs better set up and the driver wheel has got shed loads of movement his fixin it this weekend i think. why did you get rid of it in the first place? did you lose your liscence?

TUBZGSXR
27-11-05, 04:29 PM
Hi aint posted in about a year but saw this an yea that valver used to be mine! spam came over the other nite an i took it out again, just as lairy, but torque steers like crazy, needs better suspension i think, as wots on it now is wot i got it with, wich was frankly s**t, cambers probly knocked out as well do to the TSteer, think he was goin over to N Birds to get it looked at....
T

yeah its silly defo needs better set up and the driver wheel has got shed loads of movement his fixin it this weekend i think. why did you get rid of it in the first place? did you lose your liscence?
yea got done for speedin to many times, too many points etc, got 9 atm, so got a full bike licence (intensive) an got a superbike 2 weeks after losing the car licence, but after havin a go in the old girl, relay makes me want another.....
T

SRimon
27-11-05, 07:21 PM

ur car looks mint mate, just how they should be, no loopy kits, just subtle classy looks, an noiseu balls out power, i WANT ANOTHER :(
T

ahhhh don't get me wrong, its still a hoot, but i don't like losing to things, more power is needed :lol:

NickWalliams
27-11-05, 07:32 PM
Had my first ride in a C20LET nova today, sold my old shell to a mate and he fits one of these! words cant describe it :lol:

Lee
27-11-05, 08:39 PM
XE's only get really fun when you go over 200bhp and remove all of its innards :lol:

Jonlem
27-11-05, 09:16 PM
T

This is my old car I take it ?

the blue SRi ?

Hows thing Tubz ?

Jonlem
27-11-05, 09:23 PM
Heres the power graphs from when I had the car,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Jatec/DSCF0610.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Jatec/DSCF0611.jpg

The car has had another engine since I had it and plenty of other bits too, matt poured quite a lot of money into looking after it, good to see it going to someone who appreciates it

orange_andy
27-11-05, 09:57 PM
can someone put all the xe phrases into actual engines all this talk about xe's and lets dont want to sound like an idiot but i dont know what engines they are so helpfull if someone could explain it cheers

Jonlem
27-11-05, 10:00 PM
to name a few

20xe or C20xe define 2 litre xe engine
C16xe is the 1.6 litre variant found in a corsa gsi
C20LET is the cavalier/calibra turbo engine

hope that is some help

TUBZGSXR
27-11-05, 10:31 PM
T

This is my old car I take it ?

the blue SRi ?

Hows thing Tubz ?
hi mate, yea thats the one, yea things are ok realy, miss the novas, but as i said bin blastin about on bikes of recent wich is always a laugh, bit cold now mind....
guna try an get my car licence bk in the new yr sumtime, realy realy want another xe/possibly LET nova.... have to wait an see !
hows things with u? i remember u showin me sum pics of ur current White nova wen it was just in the body shop, looks ace mate, very subtle and luv the wheels! has ur mate still got his loopy kitted nova with the LET an reyland brakes etc...?
T

Jonlem
28-11-05, 11:05 PM
Yeh I'm good ta,

My car is in bits once again, had a right laugh in it this year though.

My mates car was broken up, brakes are on my car, He still has the shell for sale.

Glad to hear your enjoying your bikes, not something i dare get into !

see you about sometime I should think.

Dave
29-11-05, 10:05 PM
thought points counted on all licences??

so losing your car licence (an i assume a ban) would count on the bike licence?

scott.parker
30-11-05, 01:06 AM

I think thay are a bit RAW & not quick enuff for all the noise they make.

Gimme a small block turbo anyday!!

Humm my mates 1.6 8v turbo was quite fast,but ask him what he thinks of mine now,lol the toruqe on TB's is silly,or just ask sean and riggy what they think.. :lol:

XE's need TB's..

Scott

mad-driver
30-11-05, 12:42 PM
id like an XE one day, or at least to go in one (hint hint Scott) lol. Though my car is quite enough for me at the moment, with the addition of carbs next yr :twisted:

-Greg-
30-11-05, 06:31 PM
i went in darrens xe nova that was fast wouldnt mind going in a turbo'd one see how fast that is would love one aqll day long but insurance companys some how wouldnt let me